Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Anyone know if the CM 212+ CPU cooler fits on ASUS P8Z68 V-Pro

Last response: in Overclocking
November 27, 2011 8:09:53 AM

Hello All,

Does anyone know if the Cooler Master Hyper 212 plus will fit (cleanly) on a Asus P8Z68 V-Pro motherboard? From the pictures on Asus' site it looks to be a little tight...And from previous builds I know that the 212+ is a bit of a beast.

I know CM 212+ will fit in case, no prob... Just wondering about a nice, clean fit onto the board.

Thanks in advance!!

Cheers

Best solution

November 27, 2011 9:53:32 AM

Hi there,

Right now I have the CM Hyper 212+ on the Asus P8Z68-V (not PRO) and it fits very well, no problems. But!! Depending on how you plan to install the cooler on the motherboard and the type of RAM you're gonna use then you could run into some trouble. If you want to use a setup like the images in this article:

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/cooling-airflow-hea...

Then the cooler will block the first black RAM slot next to the CPU and you won't be able to fit a memory stick easily in there, maybe a low profile without heat spreader could fit tightly. If you plan to use the cooler like this:

Then you'll have plenty of space to use any kind of RAM you want in the 4 slots. Currently I have my CM 212+ installed horizontally on the motherboard (like the first link, fan blowing upwards) and two memory sticks in the blue slots with moderately sized heat spreaders (image here), I don't have any plans to use 4 RAM sticks at the same time so this setup works perfectly for me.

Both motherboards (the V and V Pro) share the exact same layout so this should help you out a little :p 
November 27, 2011 4:25:30 PM

draggoth said:
Hi there,

Right now I have the CM Hyper 212+ on the Asus P8Z68-V (not PRO) and it fits very well, no problems. But!! Depending on how you plan to install the cooler on the motherboard and the type of RAM you're gonna use then you could run into some trouble. If you want to use a setup like the images in this article:

Then the cooler will block the first black RAM slot next to the CPU and you won't be able to fit a memory stick easily in there, maybe a low profile without heat spreader could fit tightly. If you plan to use the cooler like this:

Then you'll have plenty of space to use any kind of RAM you want in the 4 slots. Currently I have my CM 212+ installed horizontally on the motherboard (like the first link, fan blowing upwards) and two memory sticks in the blue slots with moderately sized heat spreaders (image here), I don't have any plans to use 4 RAM sticks at the same time so this setup works perfectly for me.

Both motherboards (the V and V Pro) share the exact same layout so this should help you out a little :p 

Hey Thanks!

I was a little worried about the 1st RAM slot but didn't even think about rotating the thing haha. Thanks for the thorough reply!!

Cheers :D 
Score
Related resources
November 27, 2011 4:26:01 PM

Best answer selected by sbhatter.
Score
December 25, 2011 10:27:51 PM

Asus P8Z68 V-Pro/P8Z68 V and P8Z68-V LE got the same size??? I have last one :D  and Im planning to get this 212 HYPER Plus
Score
January 26, 2012 2:39:51 AM

leinad149 said:
Asus P8Z68 V-Pro/P8Z68 V and P8Z68-V LE got the same size??? I have last one :D  and Im planning to get this 212 HYPER Plus

The P8Z68-V LE is a little bit smaller than the V/V Pro versions (about 1.5 cm shorter) and the layout is basically the same but a little bit tighter on the LE. In my opinion the Hyper 212 Plus should fit just fine on the P8Z68-V LE, the differences with the P8Z68-V aren't very significant.

(BTW you should open a new thread to ask questions instead of reviving old solved ones)
Score
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
January 26, 2012 3:05:00 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!