No audio while streaming youtube.

crh1957

Honorable
Feb 17, 2012
Hello,
My OS is XP. I could hear youtube videos a week ago. My windows start up music plays. I can hear audio from streaming radio stations. The movies and mp3s I have in my pc all play fine. I did a system restore back to before the date when I still had sound. I DL'ed K-lite codec pack mega, unfortunately under tweaks the "fix broken sound" it is grayed out and I can not check the box. I have also DL'ed and ran Windows registry repair and CCleaner. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Start > RUN > services.msc - Scroll down to Windows Audio - Click on it set to automatic and start the service.

crh1957

Honorable
Feb 17, 2012

It said it was started and automatic, but I clicked on restart anyways. Checked youtube still no audio :(
I also tried a few other things I read in other posts one was to import missing.reg to the registry and the other was another import youtube.reg that someone talked about in a post I found somewhere out there in the land of searching for a fix. Neither of those worked.

crh1957

Honorable
Feb 17, 2012

>Sigh< I forgot to say I did do a system restore back to before the problem started.