I installed an 80G harddrive into my computer. I
couldn't figureout why only 32G showed up in the bios. I
installed Windows XP Home with only 32G available. Now I
have fixed the problems with the Bios and the jumper
setting of the hard drive so that in the bios the hard
drive is 80G. My question is how do I get Windows to
allow me to use the other half of my hard drive? When I
click on my computer it still indicates that there is
only 32G.

I thank you all in advance for any help you can offer.

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

You have to start all over and reinstall Windows after you confirm the full
80 Gb is being seen.

"Jess" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I installed an 80G harddrive into my computer. I
> couldn't figureout why only 32G showed up in the bios. I
> installed Windows XP Home with only 32G available. Now I
> have fixed the problems with the Bios and the jumper
> setting of the hard drive so that in the bios the hard
> drive is 80G. My question is how do I get Windows to
> allow me to use the other half of my hard drive? When I
> click on my computer it still indicates that there is
> only 32G.
>
> I thank you all in advance for any help you can offer.

Thanks for you help. Starting fresh was my plan B, but I
wanted to see if there was another away a not start all
over again way.

Do you think it would help at all if I ran Windows XP
repair Windows installation, instead of starting over?