Sign in with
Your question
Solved

NVidia 9600 GT problems

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 28, 2009 7:29:07 PM

So I have been playing the beta of Heroes of Newerth and lately everytime I am in the midst of playing the screen seems to generate random green lines and then the system locks up.

I've tried reformatting as well as updating the drivers for everything. What in the world is going on?

Is the 9600 really as much crap as it seems?!

Specs:
AMD Athlon 64 dual core 4200 2.2ghz
2gb ram
nvidia 9600 gt

More about : nvidia 9600 problems

a c 180 U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
September 28, 2009 7:39:30 PM

If this only happens in that one game, it's probably down to its beta status. If this happens in others there is obviously a problem. So, does it just happen in the one game, or all?
m
l
September 29, 2009 3:11:51 AM

Doesn't happen in any other game i've tried.
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
September 29, 2009 3:31:35 AM

The 9600GT is a great card. Who is the vendor, EVGA, BFG, etc...?

What power supply do you have installed?

I have a feeling its your BETA game. BETA's are prone to do that and that's why its a BETA, for testing purposes. If you are having no issues at all on any other games I would put my money on it being the BETA...
m
l
September 29, 2009 4:43:20 PM

I havea 600 watt asus power supply and it's a BFG.

I was thinking that with it being a beta that it would have issues. Unfortunately their entire support team immediately say its my graphics card failing.
m
l
September 29, 2009 10:56:43 PM

i know mines used to overheat , crash my computer , and black screen.
m
l
September 30, 2009 3:16:45 AM

I have decided that its probably the ram on the graphics card that is failing... :fou: 
I've tried rolling back the drivers thinking that was the issue as well as trying to ramp up the fan on the card... Neither which fixed the issue...

I've tried several other games and they are all doing it as well. Am i out 120 for a new card???
m
l

Best solution

September 30, 2009 9:43:01 PM

shadexvii said:
I have decided that its probably the ram on the graphics card that is failing... :fou: 
I've tried rolling back the drivers thinking that was the issue as well as trying to ramp up the fan on the card... Neither which fixed the issue...

I've tried several other games and they are all doing it as well. Am i out 120 for a new card???

4770 or 4850 :D 
a b U Graphics card
October 1, 2009 3:06:22 AM

We asked what brand and how new your card is. You could RMA it, its a good card...
m
l
January 2, 2010 7:27:56 PM

Dude i've had the same problems, ive had all types of shapes, spikes and lines, mostly green. Only when i play HoN too! I don't know wtf is wrong..

:/ //

P.s i got the same gfx card too.
m
l
January 9, 2010 10:29:40 PM

True. The only thing I did was put in the old 8600 in and was done with it, actually just threw that POS away today when i was moving into my new house!!!
m
l
January 23, 2010 5:28:59 PM

Same problem, 8800GT asus TOP edition, factory overclocked, Heroes of newerth. I think the ram on the graphics card is K.O.
All other graphics intensive games run without a problem.
I read on the nvidia forums it could be the drivers which are not playing well with the game.
Oh and I changed the heatsinks and the cooler on my graphics card. It doesnt go past 60 degrees while playing games. But the memory gets insanely hot near the PCI-E 6 pin power connector on the graphics card.

Running nvidia 195 drivers at the moment. Believe im going to have to change the graphics card now as the memory is probably damaged from all the overheating over the last 3 days.... damn
m
l
January 26, 2010 4:46:36 AM

Best answer selected by ShadeXVII.
m
l
!