Sign in with
Your question

Adding a second fan to Hyper 212+

Last response: in Overclocking
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
November 27, 2011 11:58:14 PM

OK so I built PC a couple months ago with a hyper 212+ cooler and i had an extra 120mm LED fan laying around so ima put it in for mostly case lighting but also cooling but the QUESTION IS...
the additional screws that came with the hyper 212+ (along with the extra brackets) will not go into the holes on the fan. They are just too tight to go down all the way, but the heads are perfect for the brackets. What do.

More about : adding fan hyper 212

Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
November 28, 2011 12:18:59 AM

Quote:
OK so I built PC a couple months ago with a hyper 212+ cooler and i had an extra 120mm LED fan laying around so ima put it in for mostly case lighting but also cooling but the QUESTION IS...
the additional screws that came with the hyper 212+ (along with the extra brackets) will not go into the holes on the fan. They are just too tight to go down all the way, but the heads are perfect for the brackets. What do.

Do i just need to force them in?
m
l
a b K Overclocking
November 28, 2011 12:20:55 AM

They should fit just fine, you screw the brackets to the fan and it just snaps onto the heatsink. Did the same with some antec fans. Coolermaster also sells a matched fan for that heatsink, but you need your own splitter for it

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

got a picture of this misalignment?

If the fan has not have screws on that side, since it is a pulling fan(thereby may only be threaded on the other side). Some force to turn the screws will be needed as they cut there own way into the plastic.
m
l
Related resources
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
November 28, 2011 12:25:48 AM

Okay nevermind, i went rummaging through my case screws and found 4 screws that fit into the fans perfectly
m
l
a b K Overclocking
November 28, 2011 12:30:40 AM

good to know it works, check the temps. generally it is better to use matched fans for a push/pull setup.
m
l
November 28, 2011 10:23:20 PM

Does it require a PWM fan?
m
l
a b K Overclocking
November 28, 2011 10:28:56 PM

No. You can use any fan type you want. The stock fan is PWM and will also run on a 3 pin board/power connector(lowering voltage slows down a pwm fan as well).

PWM is just one way to control fan speed.
m
l
!