Sign in with
Your question

Xfx hd 5870 or sapphire hd 5870?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 28, 2009 8:53:37 PM

everything in my new build is complete but am confused as to which manufacturer to buy the hd 5870 from. Obviously what XFX has over sapphire is its lifetime warrenty. I have also heard many good things about XFX. But when I decided to go ATI for my build I had never heard of Sapphire until yesterday.(always been using geforce).

Another big delima is that the sapphire 5870 is available on newegg but yet the xfx has yet to come back in stock.

So what would you all recommend me to get for my new build? The Sapphire 5870 or the XFX 5870? I know they both have the same components pretty much but what about their support?

More about : xfx 5870 sapphire 5870

September 28, 2009 9:04:18 PM

Life time warranty takes the pot in my opinion.
m
l
September 28, 2009 9:13:50 PM

well patience pays off I guess, just refreshed to find the xfx hd 5870 available to buy from newegg, grabbed it :D  HURRAY!
m
l
Related resources
a c 106 U Graphics card
September 28, 2009 9:26:35 PM

The cards are exactly the same. The only difference is the warranty, box art/accessories, and sticker on the card. I'm sure you'll be happy with the XFX warrenty and I'm sure you will also get some good gaming out of that 5870 you just got :D .
m
l
September 28, 2009 9:30:08 PM

thankyou very much, I can't wait for it to arrive!
m
l
September 29, 2009 2:49:15 AM

might want to try for HIS, they have a good bundle.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
September 29, 2009 3:39:20 AM

Have fun! Yep, XFX is new to the ATI game, but they are as good as any (and have the awesome warranty). Good choice.
m
l
October 26, 2009 2:24:32 PM

If anyone is wondering ... there's more to the XFX card than just the double lifetime warranty ... which is fantastic ... go to this link and look at the cooling on their cards ! Beats the heck out of saphhhire and all the other makers ! Heat pipes /dual \ and all . http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/xfx_hd_5870_1gb... .... NO THEY'RE NOT ALL THE SAME as some tell you .... why do you think they're the only company with that double lifetime warranty that's trasferable to any owner
" FOREVER " !!!!
m
l
October 26, 2009 2:29:55 PM

Doesn't XFX also cost more...at least for the 5850? You pretty much pay for the double life time warranty.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
October 26, 2009 2:55:34 PM

jakes69 said:
Doesn't XFX also cost more...at least for the 5850? You pretty much pay for the double life time warranty.

Maybe 10-20 dollars more depending where you buy it.

m
l
a b U Graphics card
October 26, 2009 3:12:27 PM

Quote:
Just bought two sapphire's today. Go with the sapphire. By the time the warranty is up you'll want something newer

I don't see a reason to go with the Sapphire when the XFX is the exact same card with the same specs.

Most people that buy a 5870 will not be upgrading for at least 2-3-4 years (unless they have cash to burn) so why bother with a 2 year warranty when you can get lifetime for the same price? Saphires are over-rated IMO... If Visiontek can provide a lifetime warranty then why can't Sapphire do the same? My point is that a 2 year warranty makes me feel like im not being taken care of, specially if the GPU is around 400$ .....
m
l
November 5, 2009 7:50:22 PM

trooper1947 said:
If anyone is wondering ... there's more to the XFX card than just the double lifetime warranty ... which is fantastic ... go to this link and look at the cooling on their cards ! Beats the heck out of saphhhire and all the other makers ! Heat pipes /dual \ and all . http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/xfx_hd_5870_1gb... .... NO THEY'RE NOT ALL THE SAME as some tell you .... why do you think they're the only company with that double lifetime warranty that's trasferable to any owner
" FOREVER " !!!!

Ehh what?
I registered myself here on tomshardware just to reply to your bs post since no one else have told you that you have wrong.

XFX uses the reference design atm so XFX cards are identical to all other cards, like powercolor, gigabyte, sapphire, asus, HIS, etc etc.
m
l
!