Will my computer support this HDD?

Tags:
  • Hard Drives
  • Computer
  • Storage
  • Product
Last response: in Storage
July 8, 2011 9:02:52 PM

Hello. I am on the checkout screen at Newegg, about to purchase this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... considering that with a coupon code it is only 50 bucks and I desperately need to upgrade from my 320 gig HDD that came with my Dell Inspiron that I kept for my new build. My only question is, how can I know for sure that my computer will work with the drive? I know that some setups can only support drives up to a certain capacity, I just don't want to buy it for nothing. My specs are

4 gigs of 1600 DDR3 memory
ASUS M4A89GTD-PRO mobo
AMD Phenom II x4 955 cpu @ 3.8 mhz
Nvidia GTX 560 Ti gpu

I am not sure exactly what information the community would need to answer my question, so if you need anything else, please let me know.

More about : computer support hdd

July 8, 2011 9:31:51 PM

Also, if I am not mistaken, when it says"bare drive", that just means drive only and that it comes with no wires or anything like that to hook it up, right? That should not be a problem since I still have all the stuff my mobo came with. I am sure in there is a hookup for another HDD.
m
l

Best solution

a c 143 G Storage
July 8, 2011 9:40:51 PM

1) No issue with the drive being compatible with your new setup. It will support a 1TB drive without issues.

2) You are correct that your motherboard will come with the necessary SATA cables for your hard drive or hard drives. There is no issue with it being a "bare drive".
Related resources
July 8, 2011 9:42:04 PM

Best answer selected by fcdwn777.
m
l
July 8, 2011 9:42:20 PM

Thanks a lot for the quick response, I guess it's time to make my purchase!
m
l
!