Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Good fan for Xigmatech's thors hammer HS?

Tags:
  • Fan
  • Components
  • Product
Last response: in Components
December 1, 2009 9:30:42 PM

I'm thinking of picking up Xigmatechs Thors Hammer but its a passive and with provided adapters to mount two fans. I was thinking about picking up two 120 mm fans to mount along with this thing, but am not sure what fans to pick up. would anybody know or have experience with this specific HS? Thanks

More about : good fan xigmatech thors hammer

Best solution

December 1, 2009 9:59:05 PM

Not sure what kind of system you have, but if you use socket 775 or socket 1366 I'd recommend this unit:

Xigmatek Dark Knight S1283
http://www.xigmatek.com/product/air-dark-knight-s1283-v...

That's the newer generation of what I'm using. Although I'm using it on an 1156 socket (had to buy a bracket). Pushing 4Ghz right now on my i5 setup, highest core temp @ 100% load is about 70C. Granted I'm probably going to re-seat it because I've got some large variation between cores, think I need to reapply my AS5.

Not familiar with the Thor's Hammer model personally. And as far as quality 120mm fans, I've never really researched them either. :) 
Related resources
December 1, 2009 11:56:43 PM

The system is an I7 920 system:

I7 920(not overclocked.....yet!)
Gigabyte EX58-UD5 Mobo
G-skill PC1600 DDR3 6GB (3x2gb)
OCZ Modstream 700W PSU
WD Caviar Black 750 GB HD
LG DVD Burner
Radeon 5850 (Just been waiting for this to come in stock to buy)

I may go with the Dark Knight. the s1283 seems to be the same design just an un-painted dark knight.
m
l
December 2, 2009 11:36:23 AM

Cogage True Spirit and Scythe Mugen 2 are better bets than the Dark Knight

And if you're looking at some extreme (i.e. 4GHz) overclocking you cannot beat the Thermalright Ultra 120 Rev C (make sure it's a Rev C because the base is flat) or Prolimatech Megahalems - strap a pair of 120mm fans to it and watch those temps (kinda) drop - the Bloomfield i7 is a hot mofo
m
l
Related resources
!