Uncensored patch

Last response: in Video Games
Share
August 26, 2005 4:59:14 PM

Excuse the silly question, but I have the uncensored patch for Sims II
(bm.exe) could somebody tell me where abouts it goes please.

Thanks.

More about : uncensored patch

Anonymous
August 26, 2005 4:59:15 PM

>Excuse the silly question, but I have the uncensored patch for Sims II
>(bm.exe) could somebody tell me where abouts it goes please.

No where! ^_^

Instead load up explore and locate the folder "EA Games\The Sims
2\Config". (Probably under the "My Documents" folder) and create a file
called "userStartup.cheat" and put the following in it:

intprop censorgridsize 0

It does the same thing as that exe
Anonymous
August 27, 2005 2:16:06 PM

BombayMix wrote:

> >Excuse the silly question, but I have the uncensored patch for Sims II
> >(bm.exe) could somebody tell me where abouts it goes please.
>
> No where! ^_^
>
> Instead load up explore and locate the folder "EA Games\The Sims
> 2\Config". (Probably under the "My Documents" folder) and create a file
> called "userStartup.cheat" and put the following in it:
>
> intprop censorgridsize 0
>
> It does the same thing as that exe

I tried this just for fun and nothing happened. Is it just a plain
text file?
--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look

I don't think that patch works with University - I'm not sure because I
stopped using it. The UserCheat files is much more straightforward.

Best wishes
maxon

"pb" <paulhbooth@btinternet.com> wrote in message
news:D en3n1$922$1@nwrdmz02.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com...
> Excuse the silly question, but I have the uncensored patch for Sims II
> (bm.exe) could somebody tell me where abouts it goes please.
>
> Thanks.

August 28, 2005 12:30:18 AM

I'm still using it and it works with University. It's in my 'config' folder
and is called "User Startup".
I'm too dense and afraid, to use those other cheat files.:(
Sage

>I don't think that patch works with University - I'm not sure because I
> stopped using it. The UserCheat files is much more straightforward.
>
> Best wishes
> maxon
>
> "pb" <paulhbooth@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> news:D en3n1$922$1@nwrdmz02.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com...
>> Excuse the silly question, but I have the uncensored patch for Sims II
>> (bm.exe) could somebody tell me where abouts it goes please.
>>
>> Thanks.

Anonymous
August 28, 2005 3:23:34 AM

That's the same thing I have - did the bm.exe file just make a
userStartup.cheat file?

Well, in that case, it's just the same thing but it's more straightforward
just to make your own.

Best wishes
maxon

"Sage" <lbee@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
> I'm still using it and it works with University. It's in my 'config'
folder
> and is called "User Startup".
> I'm too dense and afraid, to use those other cheat files.:(
> Sage

> >I don't think that patch works with University - I'm not sure because I
> > stopped using it. The UserCheat files is much more straightforward.
> >
> > Best wishes
> > maxon
> >
> > "pb" <paulhbooth@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> > news:D en3n1$922$1@nwrdmz02.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com...
> >> Excuse the silly question, but I have the uncensored patch for Sims II
> >> (bm.exe) could somebody tell me where abouts it goes please.
> >>
> >> Thanks.

August 28, 2005 4:29:47 AM

> That's the same thing I have - did the bm.exe file just make a
> userStartup.cheat file?

I have no idea where I got it... I do know it was from somewhere else,
I didn't make it, just got it and put it in the config folder.
Now I sound even More Dense! Sorry...
Sage

> Well, in that case, it's just the same thing but it's more straightforward
> just to make your own.
>
> Best wishes
> maxon
>

> "Sage" <lbee@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
>> I'm still using it and it works with University. It's in my 'config'
> folder
>> and is called "User Startup".
>> I'm too dense and afraid, to use those other cheat files.:(
>> Sage
>>
>> "Maxon" <jen.magson@NOSPAMntlworld.com> wrote in message
>> >I don't think that patch works with University - I'm not sure because I
>> > stopped using it. The UserCheat files is much more straightforward.
>> >
>> > Best wishes
>> > maxon
>> >
>> > "pb" <paulhbooth@btinternet.com> wrote in message
>> > news:D en3n1$922$1@nwrdmz02.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com...

Anonymous
August 28, 2005 4:29:48 AM

>> That's the same thing I have - did the bm.exe file just make a
>> userStartup.cheat file?

No, the bm.exe file hacks the Sims2.exe file.
It will not work with University and will prevent you from installing any
expiation pack.
University uses the Sims2EP1.exe
Anonymous
August 28, 2005 4:29:49 AM

"Davybear" <Davybear@adelphia.net> wrote in message

> "Sage" <lbee@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Maxon" <jen.magson@NOSPAMntlworld.com> wrote in message
>>> That's the same thing I have - did the bm.exe file just make a
>>> userStartup.cheat file?
>>

> No, the bm.exe file hacks the Sims2.exe file.
> It will not work with University and will prevent you from installing any
> expiation pack.
> University uses the Sims2EP1.exe

That should read "expansion pack" not "expiation pack."
I should double check what spell checker changes before sending.
Anonymous
August 28, 2005 3:30:57 PM

I was talking about a little exe file called bm.exe and trying to remember
what it did to remove the blur - I thought it was a different thing from the
userStartup.cheat file which, I thought, was more straightforward. The
userStartup thing removes the blue using a cheat line, I thought the bm.exe
thing altered the game coding. But I really can't remember now so maybe I'm
remembering wrongly. I don't think you sound dense.

Best wishes
maxon

"Sage" <lbee@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message

> > That's the same thing I have - did the bm.exe file just make a
> > userStartup.cheat file?
>
> I have no idea where I got it... I do know it was from somewhere else,
> I didn't make it, just got it and put it in the config folder.
> Now I sound even More Dense! Sorry...
> Sage
> >
> > Well, in that case, it's just the same thing but it's more
straightforward
> > just to make your own.
> >
> > Best wishes
> > maxon

Anonymous
August 28, 2005 3:30:58 PM

expiation pack is probably about right for those of us who treat our sims
badly - we could do with some absolution. Thanks for the explanation - I
really couldn't remember what the thing with bm.exe was about - I suppose it
shouldn't really be up for people to download anymore.

Best wishes
maxon

> > No, the bm.exe file hacks the Sims2.exe file.
> > It will not work with University and will prevent you from installing
any
> > expiation pack.
> > University uses the Sims2EP1.exe
>
> That should read "expansion pack" not "expiation pack."
> I should double check what spell checker changes before sending.

August 29, 2005 6:45:12 AM

"Davybear" <Davybear@adelphia.net> wrote in message

> "Sage" <lbee@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Maxon" <jen.magson@NOSPAMntlworld.com> wrote in message
>>> That's the same thing I have - did the bm.exe file just make a
>>> userStartup.cheat file?
>>

> No, the bm.exe file hacks the Sims2.exe file.
> It will not work with University and will prevent you from installing any
> expiation pack.
> University uses the Sims2EP1.exe

All I know is this is what I have (below) and I've had this, since March
this year.
And it works with University...

# alias real command brief help full help

alias ` pause "Pause" "Pause the game"

intprop censorgridsize 0

boolProp testingCheatsEnabled false

Sage