Sign in with
Your question

How should several systems (2 laptops and one PC) use a wireless router?

Last response: in Wireless Networking
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
February 7, 2010 10:36:21 AM

We have two laptops and one PC at home. We want to connect to the internet with a wireless router (3 systems have wireless recievers). They recognize the router but then cannot connect to Internet at the same time. I've seen its possible in Cafe-Nets, what should I do?
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
February 7, 2010 10:39:51 AM

Quote:
We have two laptops and one PC at home. We want to connect to the internet with a wireless router (3 systems have wireless recievers). They recognize the router but then cannot connect to Internet at the same time. I've seen its possible in Cafe-Nets, what should I do?

I should also mention that there is one internet account for all three. I've seen its possible at University, Cafenets or everywhere.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
February 14, 2010 1:03:52 PM

Quote:
I should also mention that there is one internet account for all three. I've seen its possible at University, Cafenets or everywhere.

Related resources
February 20, 2010 9:09:16 PM

More info, please. What type of router? Wireless security enabled? Can they connect one at a time?

Try disabling security first, and go grom there.

a b D Laptop
February 20, 2010 9:32:50 PM

Wireless routers are designed to work out of the box for most ppl. So it's a rare instance when one computer can gain access but the others cannot. Just make sure each computer is configured to use DHCP (by default it usually is).

Just In case you've already made some errant changes that might be causing the problem, reset the router to factory defaults (usually just a matter of holding the reset button for 30 second, while powered ON of course) and try again. Yes, this will disable wireless security, but as jdboone suggests, while trying to solve this problem, it's better you have security disabled, no mac filtering, etc. Get things working first, you can always add that stuff back later.
!