Recommend keyboard & mouse

Solution
the g11 is pretty good. i dislike it because the macro bank adds too much bulk (i already have a keybaord/mouse/macropad combo taking up all my space). if thats not an issue for you, its a very good keyboard.

i havnt used a g110, so i cant really comment. it looks nice though :D

i love the x6, of all my gaming perihperals its the one i really never get annoyed with, or wish id bought something else. i like that the keys have slightly less travel than a normal board, so you dont have to push keys quite so hard. as a gamer, that really helps me. i dont have any ghosting issues at all. i play games ALOT, and ive been pwning in MW2 recently and can easily diagonal strife while sprinting and reloading. no issues at all.
for me, the...

quip13

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2009
what I use:
Logitech 920-000914 Black Wired Ultra-thin Illuminated Keyboard
Logitech MX518 8 Buttons 1 x Wheel USB Wired Optical Gaming Mouse

I don't like flashy gamer stuff, so this stuff is pretty low-key.
Mouse is pretty cheap and easy to use and keyboard is slim and sexy
I game quit a bit too, and this setup has held up fine

aberchonbie

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2008
the g11 has macro keys jacknaylorpe.. lol.. maybe that's why..

why do everything that you type come out all weird.. i think you meant to say mx 518 and g11..

im in the logitech boat.. had a g5 and now a g9.. (g5 last a good 4 years and then the paint started to chip off cuz of my sweat.. so i replaced it..) however, logitech really isnt on the cheap side either.. the mx518 gets my vote..

welshmousepk

Distinguished
i use the sidewinder x6 and x8.

both are very good and offer plenty of customizable buttons without taking up loads of space.

the mouse is a little big, so small handed people will have a tough time using the two thumb buttons. but its still very handy. its main pro for me is that its wireless.

keyboard is backlit and has some nice features. looks good but isnt bulky like alot og gamin keyboards (cyborg or g15 for instance)

You didn't say what you're looking for in a keyboard/mouse - is it for gaming, for heavy typing, or what?

I personally like Microsoft's curved "Natural" keyboards for typing - they take a bit of getting used to but for a touch typist the sloped surface makes the keyboard very comfortable to use.

And I recently started using an Evoluent vertical mouse - it avoids having to twist your wrist and is also very comfortable. See this page: http://www.evoluent.com/

quip13

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2009

wow that mouse is really wierd

welshmousepk

Distinguished
the tactx is horrible. it feels cheap and nasty (IMO). its overpriced and not that useful.

for what you want, id say go sidewinder x6, or logitech g15. (personally, i prefer the sidewinder)

mouse wise, either a g9, or a sidewinder x8 (the sidewinder x8 is probably better, but only if your hands are big enough)

bradboarder5

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2009
thanks. here is what i have narrowed it to:
logitech g11 (i like it, it seems really big, and not going to use macro keys much)
logitech g110 (probably my first choice, but reviews say the backlight is pretty dim with no adjustments)
sidewinder x6 (also i think would be a great choice, but i hear there is a ctrl+WASD+r problem, and has about a 1 year lifetime)
further input?

welshmousepk

Distinguished
the g11 is pretty good. i dislike it because the macro bank adds too much bulk (i already have a keybaord/mouse/macropad combo taking up all my space). if thats not an issue for you, its a very good keyboard.

i havnt used a g110, so i cant really comment. it looks nice though :D

i love the x6, of all my gaming perihperals its the one i really never get annoyed with, or wish id bought something else. i like that the keys have slightly less travel than a normal board, so you dont have to push keys quite so hard. as a gamer, that really helps me. i dont have any ghosting issues at all. i play games ALOT, and ive been pwning in MW2 recently and can easily diagonal strife while sprinting and reloading. no issues at all.
for me, the sidewinder x6 is about perfect. plenty of macroable keys, but unobtrusive. the moveable macro pad always stays on the right for me. but being able to detach it so my whole board fits in my backpack is a real time saver for LANs.
backlighting is good, its nice to type on. the macro software is easy as hell to use. i just love it.

i like my g13, but sometimes feel i didnt need to spend the money on it. the x8 is awesome, but its big. and when my hands get sweaty i often have ahard time gripping it properly.

the x6 though, i love.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS