Censor on and off

I'm curious. I know there's a cheat, or a patch to turn the censor off, but
is there a cheat to turn it back on? As I said previously my nine year
daughter plays every day for an hour or more as well as myself. On Sims 1,
I had a hack that was downloaded that could turn the censor on and off
before you started the game. I haven't used the patch because I don't want
it on when she plays. Any suggestions? Thanks for any help.

Happy Homemaker
19 answers Last reply
More about censor

    Happy Homemaker29 wrote:
    > I'm curious. I know there's a cheat, or a patch to turn the censor off, but
    > is there a cheat to turn it back on? As I said previously my nine year
    > daughter plays every day for an hour or more as well as myself. On Sims 1,
    > I had a hack that was downloaded that could turn the censor on and off
    > before you started the game. I haven't used the patch because I don't want
    > it on when she plays. Any suggestions? Thanks for any help.
    >
    > Happy Homemaker

    Check out what BombayMix said in the thread just above this one. Put
    the userCheat file into your config folder when you want to have the
    censorgrid off. Just remember to remove that cheat file from that
    folder before firing up the game when your daughter wants to play.

    Or, open the cheat box and type in intprop censorgridsize 10 when you
    want her to play with the censor on. Either way will work, but the
    first one means you will have to restart the game with the cheat file in
    place when you want to play without it later.

    Jeanie

    "Jeanie" <taureanmoon@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Happy Homemaker29 wrote:
    >> I'm curious. I know there's a cheat, or a patch to turn the censor off,
    >> but is there a cheat to turn it back on? As I said previously my nine
    >> year daughter plays every day for an hour or more as well as myself. On
    >> Sims 1, I had a hack that was downloaded that could turn the censor on
    >> and off before you started the game. I haven't used the patch because I
    >> don't want it on when she plays. Any suggestions? Thanks for any help.
    >>
    >> Happy Homemaker
    > Check out what BombayMix said in the thread just above this one. Put the
    > userCheat file into your config folder when you want to have the
    > censorgrid off. Just remember to remove that cheat file from that folder
    > before firing up the game when your daughter wants to play.
    >
    > Or, open the cheat box and type in intprop censorgridsize 10 when you
    > want her to play with the censor on. Either way will work, but the first
    > one means you will have to restart the game with the cheat file in place
    > when you want to play without it later.
    >
    > Jeanie

    Sorry to be a bore, but I am new to this, how do you open the cheat box?.

    thanks

    pb wrote:
    > "Jeanie" <taureanmoon@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>Happy Homemaker29 wrote:
    >>
    >>>I'm curious. I know there's a cheat, or a patch to turn the censor off,
    >>>but is there a cheat to turn it back on? As I said previously my nine
    >>>year daughter plays every day for an hour or more as well as myself. On
    >>>Sims 1, I had a hack that was downloaded that could turn the censor on
    >>>and off before you started the game. I haven't used the patch because I
    >>>don't want it on when she plays. Any suggestions? Thanks for any help.
    >>>
    >>>Happy Homemaker
    >>
    >>Check out what BombayMix said in the thread just above this one. Put the
    >>userCheat file into your config folder when you want to have the
    >>censorgrid off. Just remember to remove that cheat file from that folder
    >>before firing up the game when your daughter wants to play.
    >>
    >>Or, open the cheat box and type in intprop censorgridsize 10 when you
    >>want her to play with the censor on. Either way will work, but the first
    >>one means you will have to restart the game with the cheat file in place
    >>when you want to play without it later.
    >>
    >>Jeanie
    >

    > Sorry to be a bore, but I am new to this, how do you open the cheat box?.
    >
    > thanks

    shift-ctrl-C. Opens the box across the top of the screen. Type in the
    cheat and hit enter.

    Another way to do this censorgrid thing is to use the cheat intprop
    censorgrid 0 every single time you play.

    Jeanie

    "Jeanie" <taureanmoon@yahoo.com> schreef in bericht
    > Happy Homemaker29 wrote:
    >> I'm curious. I know there's a cheat, or a patch to turn the censor off,
    >> but is there a cheat to turn it back on? As I said previously my nine
    >> year daughter plays every day for an hour or more as well as myself. On
    >> Sims 1, I had a hack that was downloaded that could turn the censor on
    >> and off before you started the game. I haven't used the patch because I
    >> don't want it on when she plays. Any suggestions? Thanks for any help.
    >>
    >> Happy Homemaker
    > Check out what BombayMix said in the thread just above this one. Put the
    > userCheat file into your config folder when you want to have the
    > censorgrid off. Just remember to remove that cheat file from that folder
    > before firing up the game when your daughter wants to play.
    >
    > Or, open the cheat box and type in intprop censorgridsize 10 when you
    > want her to play with the censor on. Either way will work, but the first
    > one means you will have to restart the game with the cheat file in place
    > when you want to play without it later.

    Then why not simply type in the cheat when you are playing that way you
    don`t
    have to remember to get it out?

    Jeanie wrote:

    > pb wrote:
    > > "Jeanie" <taureanmoon@yahoo.com> wrote in message

    > >>Check out what BombayMix said in the thread just above this one. Put the
    > >>userCheat file into your config folder when you want to have the
    > >>censorgrid off. Just remember to remove that cheat file from that folder
    > >>before firing up the game when your daughter wants to play.
    > >>
    > >>Or, open the cheat box and type in intprop censorgridsize 10 when you
    > >>want her to play with the censor on. Either way will work, but the first
    > >>one means you will have to restart the game with the cheat file in place
    > >>when you want to play without it later.
    > >>
    > >>Jeanie
    > >

    > > Sorry to be a bore, but I am new to this, how do you open the cheat box?.
    > >
    > > thanks
    > >

    > shift-ctrl-C. Opens the box across the top of the screen. Type in the
    > cheat and hit enter.
    >
    > Another way to do this censorgrid thing is to use the cheat intprop
    > censorgrid 0 every single time you play.
    >
    > Jeanie

    none of these work for me.
    --
    Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
    Stop and Look

    Paul Heslop wrote:
    > Jeanie wrote:
    >
    >>pb wrote:
    >>
    >>>"Jeanie" <taureanmoon@yahoo.com> wrote in message

    >>>Sorry to be a bore, but I am new to this, how do you open the cheat box?.
    >>>
    >>>thanks
    >>>

    >>shift-ctrl-C. Opens the box across the top of the screen. Type in the
    >>cheat and hit enter.
    >>
    >>Another way to do this censorgrid thing is to use the cheat intprop
    >>censorgrid 0 every single time you play.
    >>
    >>Jeanie
    >

    > none of these work for me.

    Really? Are you using a mac? I can't imagine why they don't work if
    you aren't...

    Jeanie

    Jeanie wrote:

    > Paul Heslop wrote:
    > > Jeanie wrote:

    > >>shift-ctrl-C. Opens the box across the top of the screen. Type in the
    > >>cheat and hit enter.
    > >>
    > >>Another way to do this censorgrid thing is to use the cheat intprop
    > >>censorgrid 0 every single time you play.
    > >>
    > >>Jeanie
    > >

    > > none of these work for me.
    >
    > Really? Are you using a mac? I can't imagine why they don't work if
    > you aren't...
    >
    > Jeanie

    Nope, win xp. I'm in the uk but I can't see that mattering either.
    It's the full university version. I haven't actually tried using the
    actual hack thing as it wasn't a big concern, I was just curious as to
    whether this method would work. Anyone point me to a hack which works
    with university and I'll see if that fails too?

    --
    Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
    Stop and Look
    http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/

    My sensor grid cheat stopped working in my userstartup and it turned out to
    be that I had a piece of obsolete (or maybe just plain 'wrong' code before
    it in the sequence). Maybe Paul should try running his userstartup with only
    the sensor grid code and then add the other lines one by one to see which
    (if any) are killing his blur killer.

    --
    Morituri Nolumus Mori - Rincewind, The Last Hero, Terry Pratchett

    MM

    Madame Mim wrote:

    > My sensor grid cheat stopped working in my userstartup and it turned out to
    > be that I had a piece of obsolete (or maybe just plain 'wrong' code before
    > it in the sequence). Maybe Paul should try running his userstartup with only
    > the sensor grid code and then add the other lines one by one to see which
    > (if any) are killing his blur killer.

    I don't even know what that means :O))

    --

    Madame Mim wrote:

    > My sensor grid cheat stopped working in my userstartup and it turned out to
    > be that I had a piece of obsolete (or maybe just plain 'wrong' code before
    > it in the sequence). Maybe Paul should try running his userstartup with only
    > the sensor grid code and then add the other lines one by one to see which
    > (if any) are killing his blur killer.
    >
    > --
    > Morituri Nolumus Mori - Rincewind, The Last Hero, Terry Pratchett
    >
    > MM

    I just downloaded the hack from modthesims or somewhere and it worked
    straight away. i don't know why my attempts didn't work

    --
    Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
    Stop and Look
    http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/

    Which bit, or am I consistently un-understandable? ;')

    Your user startupcheat is a text file listing the alias's (ie alternative
    words to type for a cheat) and cheats that you want loaded into your game.
    If one of the lines of text prior to your censorgrid cheat is wrong because
    it was changed by University (or just plain wrong) all the text after it is
    ignored by the game.

    --

    Madame Mim wrote:

    > Which bit, or am I consistently un-understandable? ;')
    >
    > Your user startupcheat is a text file listing the alias's (ie alternative
    > words to type for a cheat) and cheats that you want loaded into your game.
    > If one of the lines of text prior to your censorgrid cheat is wrong because
    > it was changed by University (or just plain wrong) all the text after it is
    > ignored by the game.
    >
    > --
    I don't think I had one :O)

    --
    Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
    Stop and Look
    http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/

    It is the standard patch version out there at the moment. It is highly
    likely that the patch you installed simply put this file in your My
    Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Config folder. You should look and see.

    My file simply says

    alias angleson "boolprop allow45DegreeAngleOfRotation true"
    alias anglesoff "boolprop allow45DegreeAngleOfRotation false"
    alias cheatson "boolprop testingcheatsenabled true"
    alias cheatsoff "boolprop testingcheatsenabled false"
    alias gridon "boolprop snapobjectstogrid true"
    alias gridoff "boolprop snapobjectstogrid false"
    alias buildon "boolProp dormSpecificToolsDisabled false"
    alias buildoff "boolProp dormSpecificToolsDisabled true"
    floatProp tvVolume 0.0
    intProp censorGridSize 0
    faceBlendLimits off

    And so I have no censor blur. The old version of this file had a couple of
    other things in that were superseded by Uni and then my blur didn't work
    until I got rid of the incorrect lines of text.

    --

    Madame Mim wrote:

    > It is the standard patch version out there at the moment. It is highly
    > likely that the patch you installed simply put this file in your My
    > Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Config folder. You should look and see.
    >
    > My file simply says
    >
    > alias angleson "boolprop allow45DegreeAngleOfRotation true"
    > alias anglesoff "boolprop allow45DegreeAngleOfRotation false"
    > alias cheatson "boolprop testingcheatsenabled true"
    > alias cheatsoff "boolprop testingcheatsenabled false"
    > alias gridon "boolprop snapobjectstogrid true"
    > alias gridoff "boolprop snapobjectstogrid false"
    > alias buildon "boolProp dormSpecificToolsDisabled false"
    > alias buildoff "boolProp dormSpecificToolsDisabled true"
    > floatProp tvVolume 0.0
    > intProp censorGridSize 0
    > faceBlendLimits off
    >
    > And so I have no censor blur. The old version of this file had a couple of
    > other things in that were superseded by Uni and then my blur didn't work
    > until I got rid of the incorrect lines of text.
    >
    > --
    > Morituri Nolumus Mori - Rincewind, The Last Hero, Terry Pratchett
    >
    > MM

    It contains

    #--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    # alias real command
    brief help full help
    # ------------- -----------------------------------------------
    ---------------------------------- --------------------------------
    alias ` pause
    "Pause" "Pause the game"
    intProp censorGridSize 0

    --

    -----------------
    > # alias real command
    > brief help full help
    > # ------------- -----------------------------------------------
    > ---------------------------------- --------------------------------
    > alias ` pause
    > "Pause" "Pause the game"
    > intProp censorGridSize 0
    >

    > --
    > Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
    > Stop and Look
    > http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/

    There shouldn't be any problem with that.

    Unless you actually use the ` button (the button before 1) as a pause button
    I'd try deleting everything except the intProp line. It can't hurt, but I
    don't know if it will help either.

    --

    Madame Mim wrote:

    > "Paul Heslop" <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    > > Madame Mim wrote:
    > > >
    > > > It is the standard patch version out there at the moment. It is highly
    > > > likely that the patch you installed simply put this file in your My
    > > > Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Config folder. You should look and see.
    > > >
    > > > My file simply says
    > > >
    > > > alias angleson "boolprop allow45DegreeAngleOfRotation true"
    > > > alias anglesoff "boolprop allow45DegreeAngleOfRotation false"
    > > > alias cheatson "boolprop testingcheatsenabled true"
    > > > alias cheatsoff "boolprop testingcheatsenabled false"
    > > > alias gridon "boolprop snapobjectstogrid true"
    > > > alias gridoff "boolprop snapobjectstogrid false"
    > > > alias buildon "boolProp dormSpecificToolsDisabled false"
    > > > alias buildoff "boolProp dormSpecificToolsDisabled true"
    > > > floatProp tvVolume 0.0
    > > > intProp censorGridSize 0
    > > > faceBlendLimits off
    > > >
    > > > And so I have no censor blur. The old version of this file had a couple
    > of
    > > > other things in that were superseded by Uni and then my blur didn't work
    > > > until I got rid of the incorrect lines of text.
    > > >
    > > > --
    > > > Morituri Nolumus Mori - Rincewind, The Last Hero, Terry Pratchett
    > > >
    > > > MM
    > >
    > > It contains
    > >

    > #---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    > -----------------
    > > # alias real command
    > > brief help full help
    > > # ------------- -----------------------------------------------
    > > ---------------------------------- --------------------------------
    > > alias ` pause
    > > "Pause" "Pause the game"
    > > intProp censorGridSize 0
    > >

    > > --
    > > Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
    > > Stop and Look
    > > http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
    >
    > There shouldn't be any problem with that.
    >
    > Unless you actually use the ` button (the button before 1) as a pause button
    > I'd try deleting everything except the intProp line. It can't hurt, but I
    > don't know if it will help either.
    >
    > --
    > Morituri Nolumus Mori - Rincewind, The Last Hero, Terry Pratchett
    >
    > MM

    That's the one that works. It was all previous attempts which didn't.
    I don't know why
    --
    Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
    Stop and Look
    http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/

    Oh, probably the previous versions had a piece of old code in them - you are
    running Uni aren't you? If you're still on straight Sims and there were
    problems then I am completely lost (well, more than normal anyway)

    --

    Madame Mim wrote:

    > Oh, probably the previous versions had a piece of old code in them - you are
    > running Uni aren't you? If you're still on straight Sims and there were
    > problems then I am completely lost (well, more than normal anyway)
    >
    > --
    > Morituri Nolumus Mori - Rincewind, The Last Hero, Terry Pratchett
    >
    > MM

    Yeah, it's uni... I haven't run the first sims for ages - except on my
    ps2! Oh what an awful game. I got it so the kids could play it easily
    on a machine they were used to... they won't even entertain it :O)

    --
    Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
    Stop and Look
    http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/

    The censor grid cheat works perfect for me. Thanks for the suggestion guys!

    Happy Homemaker

    "Happy Homemaker29" <pcorbett1@twcny.rr.com> wrote in message
    > I'm curious. I know there's a cheat, or a patch to turn the censor off,
    > but is there a cheat to turn it back on? As I said previously my nine
    > year daughter plays every day for an hour or more as well as myself. On
    > Sims 1, I had a hack that was downloaded that could turn the censor on and
    > off before you started the game. I haven't used the patch because I don't
    > want it on when she plays. Any suggestions? Thanks for any help.
    >
    > Happy Homemaker

Sims Games Video Games