chubbylilloser

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2010
everything was okay untill a few days back. Everyting on my pc seemed ..slowish! Anyway today i put in a cd and the pc slowed right down. I decided to turn it off and restart it. anyway on reboot it took around 5-10mins to load up windows 7 and NOTHING plugged into the USB ports work. Tho my keyboard that glows, was glowing but wouldnt input anything onto the pc. Same with the mouse. I tryed a new mouse keyboard etc but still the same. When shutting down it takes around 5 mins (4mins stuck on the shutting down window)

I reoverclocked it a few days back from 3.6 to 3.8 but i ran a stable test and it passed with flying colours.I managed to get into Bios and reset all the settings to stock but its STILL the same. Would you say its the mobo or the CPU? All the fans are working fine (that counts out the PSU) and im pretty sure the HDDS wouldnt effect the USB ports. ANy clues?? its all under guarentee still so thats one thing.

i DONT have another Mobo/cpu to try it with. Only a single core and my mobo dosnt support it :(

P.s the only beep i get is the normal start up beep & once i get into bios.. it all seems fine. Mouse glows up fully, keyboard works etc.

If your mobo doesn't support the CPU, there is one very big reason for your concern.

Secondly, you don't mention anything about the rest of your hardware, so we can't rule out other incompatabilities either.

Third, I assume that if you know how to overclock your CPU, then you know how critical compatability is, especially if you're OC'ing.

Now, on to your statement...
How long was your system stable?
Slow performance isn't always indicative of hardware failure.
Have you checked task manager to see what is using up your resources?
Have you checked for hardware conflicts?
Have you run AV or Anti spyware programs?