My computer is hardwired to the modem but wont connect

rendrezz

Honorable
Feb 18, 2012
Ok so about a month ago my computer completley crashed just bluescreened so i Reinstalled Windows XP Home and i think its 64bit it was my main PC for the internet i have a few of the drivers up but i need the Internet ones It is HARDWIRED to the Modem but dosnt recive any connection at all my internet provider is Comcast i called them and asked if they could reinstall the Desktop Doctor or whatever they did but they said i had to pay for a whole new internet service can any help me???

XP 64bit ? - don't think so. - I know nothing of how Comcast operates, but don't you have an Installation Disk somewhere to install the modem and make the connection to comcast & setup your ISP account ?

Your Modem is already registered with them, so don't know why you would have to go through setting up another account. I would get the info, serial # or anything else on the Modem and recontact them.

Then it is what it is, I guess. But, I would call back and ask to be connected to tier II support (you are dealing with basic support). Provide any info from the Modem (serial# etc) and your account information that you already had setup.