Upgrading comp, need 1155 bracket.

Pigbearman

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2009
Hello all,

I am upgrading my computer from a 775 socket Q9550 to a 1155 socket i5 2500k.

My problem is, I have a Cooler Master V8 CPU cooler which works great (just needs some dusting once I take the old parts out). But I bought it about 2ish years ago. Meaning I don't have the retention bracket for the 1155 (1156 actually, they use the same bracket). I have looked all over and every place is either sold out or discontinued (not sure why that happened so fast).

So, does anybody know ANYWHERE I can get one of these brackets without having to buy another CPU cooler? There is no way in hell i'm going to OC with the stock cooler, but I don't want to drop another $50 on a new cooler when I have one already.

Help!

Solution
I hear you man, I looked everywhere to find that one, you could go to Cooler Master Support for this and see if they could arrange getting one to you, but from my experience don't go the email, or online route, go telephone support, look under, About Us, Contact Us.

Pigbearman

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2009
"The listing has ended"

Ugh, why are these impossible to find?

When I go to Microcenter on thursday hopefully I can find a really nice employee that will find a "damaged" V8 or any cooler that has the bracket I need in it. This sucks =(

I hear you man, I looked everywhere to find that one, you could go to Cooler Master Support for this and see if they could arrange getting one to you, but from my experience don't go the email, or online route, go telephone support, look under, About Us, Contact Us.

Solution

Pigbearman

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2009
Thanks for all the help guys. I found somebody that wanted to buy my old parts.

Q9550
Gigabyte EP45-ud3p
8gb ddr2 800

And he wants to buy the old cooler as well, so I'm just going to buy a new one. Makes it much easier, since talking with other people online, the bracket would take 6-8 weeks to ship from coolermaster, so I gave up.

As a side question, what do you guys think the parts I am going to sell are worth? Buying brand new they cost about $500. I was thinking somewhere around $200 since the CPU is still pretty powerful and hasn't been used too long.