Unfixable BSOD :*(

Status
Not open for further replies.

xTehOnex

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2011
Please help!! I NEED to have this computer all set to go by monday!

I can't figure it out :fou: . I installed a hard drive that has my old software on it (was in a different machine before) and I put it into my new computer (old motherboard fried and it was cheaper to just buy a new crappy box). But a fresh install of XP is out of the question because I NEED the software that is on the machine because I don't have the discs anymore.

It will boot up PERFECT in safe mode. I can do anything I want in safe mode and the computer wont mess up.
But once I even try to go to full mode, I get BSOD. :fou:

It HAS to be something to do with drivers, but I don't know how to fix it. The drive works fine, and is read just fine by the computer. I got a hold of a windows XP home CD (what is currently on the HD) and tried to use the Windows Repair to see if it would reset the drivers. But no luck :(
I don't know how I can fix this problem and I'm really worried I won't have it done by monday.

Please! Some one! I know SOME one has had this problem before!

(Old computer was a dell, new box is a HP if it makes a difference).

Thank you for your time and please help out anyway you know how! :love:

The Windows Repair problem is probably because the Motherboard drivers are not included in the Windows XP CD... so what you need to do is search for the drivers.

Option 1-In Safe Mode with Networking, go to the HP website and download the motherboard drivers... mainly the Chipset and Video drivers but download all the drivers you find. If the computer model is recent you may not find drivers for Windows XP, so in that case search by the motherboard make and model in the manufacturer website. If necessary download and install a System Information Application such as Speccy, Aida32, Astra32, etc. to know the exact motherboard model.

Option 2- If it reboots when it gets the BSOD, Try this: Control Panel \ System \ Advanced Tab \ Startup and Recovery section \ \Settings button \ Locate "Automatically Restart" checkbox. Uncheck it. Then click OK, OK.... Now it won't reboot so you can now read the screen.
Make a note of the error codes and type each code at a time on a search engine to find the actual cause or drivers that's are causing the problem so you can replace them.

If you wish to change the Safe Mode display resolution for convenience; set the desired combination in the Display \ Settings tab \ Advanced \ Adapter \ List all Modes \ select the combination and Apply \ Accept. This will save the selected resolution for following logons... Setting it in the Settings tab (slider selector) will not save your selection.

xTehOnex

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2011
Thank you for the help!
I'm going to try these steps. The errors I get at the blue screen are

" STOP: 0x000007E (0x0000005, 0xBA2BB756, 0XBA4E742C, 0XBA4E7128)"

And for some reason I am getting a windows registration error which won't allow me into safe mode with networking. I am putting all the drivers from the HP website on my thumb drive right now though and I'll just put them on in normal safe mode. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

xTehOnex

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2011
Another bit of info, when I go into safe mode, it's telling me that the SM Bus Controller has been found and it wants a driver.
I just ran Speccy, and it identified the Optical Drive and the Audio, but it told me "Cannot initalise SPC dll" for the RAM, CPU, MoBo, Graphics, and Hard drive.

I just installed the driver for the SM Bus and it took it, still BSOD though :(

xTehOnex

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2011
Do you think if I set up the original hard drive in a RAID with the new hard drive that it would work? Or would the different drivers mess it up? Because the computer boots fine with the original hard drive. It blue screens when I try to add the new hard drive and run off of that. >.<

Causes for STOP: 0x000007E and 0x0000005 are the following... for the rest (0xBA2BB756, 0XBA4E742C, 0XBA4E7128), Microsoft Support reports;
There are no documents that match your search for "0XBA4E7128"
, So I suppose all error codes are related or maybe Microsoft never contemplated the particular situation you are going through... beats me why they even created the error code nombers.

How to troubleshoot a "Stop error code 0x0000007E
According to; http://support.microsoft.com/kb/330182
The Cause is:
This issue might occur if a system thread generates an exception that the error handler does not catch. This exception can be caused by any of the following:
• If this issue occurs after the first restart during Windows Setup or after Setup is complete, the computer might not have sufficient hard disk space to run Windows XP.
• The computer BIOS might be incompatible with Windows XP, or it might have to be updated.
• The video adapter drivers might be incompatible with Windows XP.
• A device driver or a system service might be damaged.
• If the issue is associated with the Win32k.sys file, it might be caused by a third-party remote control program
All this indicates a problem with the Video Card drivers.. so make sure you have correctly installed them. Check the Device Manager (Start\Run\type: devmgmt.msc) and check for yellow signs or how the video card Properties read on the General tab.

The registration error is due to all the changes related to the OS migration and you will probably have to Repair the system, just make sure you have installed all the drivers for the motherboard and the Repair istallation should go flawlessly.

I don't think that will work.. You better Repair the old System with the old Hard Drive installed single on the computer to prevent messing up the boot sector on the new system.

Since you mentioned the new system, I'd recommend you run it, and take notes from the Device Manager to compare the drivers with those on the older system, it should give you an accurate idea of which are the drivers that are causing the problem or if any are still pending installation. And if you have the same drivers, then the following step would be to Repair Install the System... that should solve the registration error and remaining drivers.

Also check the RAM modules are fitted correctly on the sockets because Win32k.sys (as mentioned in KB330182), the BSOD can be caused by RAM issues.

Bug Check 0x7E: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

A parameter 1 of 00000005 indicates a Access_Violation, which means on of two things possibly occured:

1: A system driver has a significant memory related problem, eventually leading to a crash [Not very likely]

2: RAM problem

Run memtest86 on each stick of RAM on the PC. I suspect one of them is bad.

GeorgieBeau

Honorable
Mar 30, 2013
I'm sorry but this unfixable im sure of it. If its to do with NVIDIA its unfixable your best option is to get a new laptop i have the same issue i am on safe mode so yeah i have to wait until my B-DAY to get one im so anoid so yeah. This is a very rare thing BSOD itself isnt rare but NVIDIA BSOD is rare 4/10 NVIDIA users have this problem or it might be 3/10 so yeah rare and none of them are fixed so yeah even the manufactures dont know how to fix it, I'm sorry :( :)

Status
Not open for further replies.