permanent cool pad?

I bought a cool pad for my laptop but it is really just a furniture
protector. Is there such a thing as a coolpad that attaches to the laptop so
I can pick up my comp. and place it in my lap, couch, coffee table, etc.
without having to move the stand. Also what is a good "cool pad"? The one I
bought is just a stand that raises the laptop about a inch. Is this good or
do I need to invest in something better. My laptop is a AMD 2400 M that runs
pretty hot.
Rob
6 answers Last reply
More about permanent cool

    Rob wrote:

    > I bought a cool pad for my laptop but it is really just a furniture
    > protector. Is there such a thing as a coolpad that attaches to the laptop so
    > I can pick up my comp. and place it in my lap, couch, coffee table, etc.
    > without having to move the stand. Also what is a good "cool pad"? The one I
    > bought is just a stand that raises the laptop about a inch. Is this good or
    > do I need to invest in something better. My laptop is a AMD 2400 M that runs
    > pretty hot.

    This one's kind of interesting: http://www.laptop-laidback.com/index.html

    Larry

    I use this one. It does not attach, but you can pick it up with the laptop
    on it and has pads so the laptop doesn't slide around.

    http://lapworksinc.com/laptopdesk2f.html

    I think Targus must have also re-bagged this. As it looks very similar to
    mine, but in grey.

    http://www.targus.com/us/product_details.asp?sku=PA243U

    "Rob" <bucfan11SPAM@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    > I bought a cool pad for my laptop but it is really just a furniture
    > protector. Is there such a thing as a coolpad that attaches to the laptop
    so
    > I can pick up my comp. and place it in my lap, couch, coffee table, etc.
    > without having to move the stand. Also what is a good "cool pad"? The one
    > bought is just a stand that raises the laptop about a inch. Is this good
    or
    > do I need to invest in something better. My laptop is a AMD 2400 M that
    runs
    > pretty hot.
    > Rob

    "Rob" <bucfan11SPAM@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    | I bought a cool pad for my laptop but it is really just a furniture
    | protector. Is there such a thing as a coolpad that attaches to the laptop
    so
    | I can pick up my comp. and place it in my lap, couch, coffee table, etc.
    | without having to move the stand. Also what is a good "cool pad"? The one
    | bought is just a stand that raises the laptop about a inch. Is this good
    or
    | do I need to invest in something better. My laptop is a AMD 2400 M that
    runs
    | pretty hot.
    | Rob

    I use one of these.

    http://www.targus.com/us/product_details.asp?sku=PA248U

    It doesn't attach to the laptop (though I suppose something Velcro could be
    arranged) but, it is very thin and light. I regularly keep my laptop on an
    end table next to my seat on the couch and picking them up together
    (chillpad and laptop) has become second nature.

    It does keep the computer noticeably cooler.

    I'm not an MVP a VIP nor do I have ESP.
    I was just trying to help.
    advice herein.
    No warranty is expressed or implied.
    Your mileage may vary.
    See store for details. :)

    Remove shoes to E-mail.

    Just wondering...how much of a drain is it on the battery?

    bob

    "Rob" <bucfan11SPAM@earthlink.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > I bought a cool pad for my laptop but it is really just a furniture
    > protector. Is there such a thing as a coolpad that attaches to the laptop
    so
    > I can pick up my comp. and place it in my lap, couch, coffee table, etc.
    > without having to move the stand. Also what is a good "cool pad"? The one
    > bought is just a stand that raises the laptop about a inch. Is this good
    or
    > do I need to invest in something better. My laptop is a AMD 2400 M that
    runs
    > pretty hot.

    You just have the wong notebook.

    A good notebook never creates the idea, that a coolpad could
    be necessary.

    I have a cool Acer Travelmate 800

    --
    Roland Mösl
    http://www.pege.org Clear targets for a confused civilization

    I believe Best Buy sells one also.

    Bob

    "Roland Mösl" <founder@pege.org> wrote in message
    > "Rob" <bucfan11SPAM@earthlink.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > > I bought a cool pad for my laptop but it is really just a furniture
    > > protector. Is there such a thing as a coolpad that attaches to the
    laptop
    > so
    > > I can pick up my comp. and place it in my lap, couch, coffee table, etc.
    > > without having to move the stand. Also what is a good "cool pad"? The
    one
    > > bought is just a stand that raises the laptop about a inch. Is this good
    > or
    > > do I need to invest in something better. My laptop is a AMD 2400 M that
    > runs
    > > pretty hot.
    >
    > You just have the wong notebook.
    >
    > A good notebook never creates the idea, that a coolpad could
    > be necessary.
    >
    > I have a cool Acer Travelmate 800
    >

    > --
    > Roland Mösl