Is this thermal paste realy 10degrees better then artic silver

That is not Thermal Paste!

It is a Liquid Metal type of TIM, It is electrically conductive, caustic to aluminum, and cleaning it off will cost you your CPU warranty!

It is on the same line as Cool Laboratories Liquid Pro and Liquid Ultra products, check out the thermal roundup in my sig.

It absolutely does not beat Artic Silver by 10C, that is false data.

FYI: This is what that product actually does to aluminum, Before injecting it into the aluminum channel and After picture being the next morning.

Water from the nights dew seemed to even accelerate the caustic properties.

If you look at the aluminum ram sinks in the before picture that evident damage was done in 3 hrs, which raised my curiosity to see what it would do to the aluminum channel.

WINTERLORD

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2008
nice page you got. thanks for sparing my warranty so the question im wondering now is wich do you think is the best Thermal paste that dont ruin your warranty? i have non on hand other then is "forula 7 nano diamond" from antec. would be nice to see how that stacks up against all the others cause its new and seems good.

so i am assuming the thermal paste dont matter to much or? anyone with experience with this new "formula 7" is it better than artic silver?

If you read the thermal roundup conclusion, Grey Ice 4200 is my overall choice.

There was diamond based products tested some on the record and some off the record, Antecs Formula 7 is obviously a new product, but none of the diamond based tested out performed Grey Ice 4200, or for that matter any of the top performing in the water cooling testing.

You have to remove a diamond based product with care, using as little hard rubbing as possible, it does contain diamond after all and aggressive rubbing can seriously scratch your CPUs heat spreader.

Heres some good information of scratching occurring removing diamond based products, this is specifically about the IC Diamond line, however any TIM with diamond in it can do the same, diamond is harder than the surface it's being removed from.

G

I'm surprised that mayonnaise did as good as IC7 and mx-4 :na: