Sign in with
Your question

Best watercooling set up for the haf x

Last response: in Overclocking
November 30, 2011 11:39:31 AM

what is the best watercooling set up for the cooler master haf x.

my build will have.

intel core i7 3960x cpu hopefully overclocked to 5ghz

2x nvidia geforce gtx 590s in crossfire

2x corsair vengance red 32gb kit

asus rampage iv extreme motherboard

that are the parts i would like to watercool. and i will like to get my parts of any uk watercooling retailers.

More about : watercooling set haf

a c 324 K Overclocking
November 30, 2011 12:38:53 PM

You don't need to watercool DDR2 or DDR3...both run very cool as-is. What kind of budget are you looking at?

GTX 590 TDP: 365 watts (x2)
i7 3960x TDP: 130 watts

You are looking at around 860 watts (GPUs and CPU at stock speeds) you'd need to consider dissipating with radiators. Overclocking components raises TDP, so you'd want to plan for that additional heat accordingly. You are likely looking at around 1000 watts when it's all said and done. You are going to need at minimum, two 3x120 rads or similar cooling potential.
November 30, 2011 12:41:01 PM

£1000 is my watercooling budget and im getting a 1500w psu
Related resources
a c 324 K Overclocking
November 30, 2011 12:44:36 PM

1000 just for the water loop? What UK sites are you looking at? Maybe we can help point out what you'll need.

As for watts...I am speaking in terms of heat in watts produced by the CPU and GPUs...not the power required to run them...BUT...there is an almost direct correlation to the power needs and heat output...watts are watts. Power usage watts do not mean a 1:1 in heat watts produced, but it's usually within 75-80% or so...enough to effectively estimate the amount of cooling specific hardware will require.
a c 324 K Overclocking
November 30, 2011 2:52:31 PM

You really didn't give any direction on where to start. Have you read through the watercooling sticky? Knowing what you need and how to install your loop is pretty important.
November 30, 2011 2:55:30 PM

are you set with the haf x case? if not the corsair 800d is a good case for water cooling. It has holes predrilled up top to allow mounting a 3 fan 360 cooler which will be able to pump out most of your heat. you can also mod the bottom of the case to fit a 2 fan cooler which should be enough for your build i believe. check out the build log in the watercooling forum here. you will find alot of setups that people have made, some of which are very similar to what you are going for. some of them even show how they modded their case to fit more rads in.
November 30, 2011 3:01:25 PM

hmm ive seen the 800d and i seem to like it. i love the brand corsair also so yes im getting a 800d now :D 
!