Should I return this SSD?

dmk08

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2011
Hey everyone I purchased an OCZ Vertex 3 MI 120gB drive today and I'm wondering if I should keep it or return it for a Crucial or an Intel. Some of the reliability reviews on here and other sites are really starting to scare me. Also I only have an Asus P6T which uses 3gbps SATA. I've read some places that this drive will actually be slower than the X-25 or Intel 320.

Suggestions?

tecmo34

Administrator
1) Do you plan to upgrade your motherboard soon to SATA III board soon? If so... KEEP

2) OCZ is the most active company with issuing firmware updates to fix issues seen (and the Sandforce 2200 has been buggy). I would trust the performance of OCZ but Intel's are the most reliable for sure. You will see decrease in performance but will still more than likely exceed the other two in performance. OCZ is a good drive but the Intel drives are the most reliable. I would say keep the OCZ but if reliability is your biggest worry, than return and go with the Intel 320.

dmk08

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2011
I wouldn't mind upgrading my MB. Does anyone have some suggestions? Also if I do decide to spend some money on a new board should I consider a new processor too? I mostly play games and I'm getting into some android development but that's about it.

Current System:
Intel i7 920
Asus P6T
Geforce 560ti
12gB corsair ddr3 1600
OCZ Vertex 3 MI 120gB

I have had good luck with Asus in the past but I'm not sure what would match my system well and have SATA III.

Or should I just put a SATA III controller into my current system?