Too good to be true?

So, i found a fan while I was browsing through the LED fans on Performance-Pcs, and i found a pretty awesome Cooler Master fan. I thought it was to good to be true though. 36 DBA at 110 CFM, and its a 120mm fan. I can't prove anything though because CM took the product of their website. So.... Someone tell me, is this really the fan or is it just too good to be true?

MODEL: Y720DCD-25T1-GP
SITE (just it case you want it): http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=36_69&products_id=22966

The problem we continually face is that the decibels for high rpm, high airflow case fans is typically understated.

You'll notice that it is a variable speed fan. In the features section it indicates 16 decibels. That's probably for 800 rpm. At the full speed of 2,500 rpm and 110 cfm it is going to be noisy.

IzzyCraft

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2008
Yup i prefer to have my fans pvm i can't hear them over my booming sound system when playing games but they are loud at full throttle.

Fans are pretty quiet at 800-1200rpm about 1600-1800rpm depending on the size it can still be quiet but once you past the 2000rpm you get fans that sound like you're computer is tiring to heat or cool the whole house but it does move a ton of air.

one-shot

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2006
My GPU fans are louder than my case fans. I have a Scythe Ultra Kaze 3K RPM fan as one of the rear exhaust. I have it set at 2300RPM and can't hear it over my GPU fans at 60%. In fact, I have to turn it to 3K RPM just to hear the fan over the GPU fans. The Db rating on my fan is quite high on full speed and it's not too loud when <1900RPM.