Sign in with
Your question

GA-P35C-DS3R rev 2.0 F12 with 2xOCZ2P10664GK

Tags:
  • Memory
Last response: in Memory
March 2, 2010 8:32:12 AM

Greetings

First of all i want to apologize for my language, i havent yet outmastered english

Im writing to you because i'm having some serious problem with OCZ DDR2 PC2-8500 PLATINUM 4GB EDITION DUAL CHANNEL. I own 2 sets of them which gives 8gb's of ram. I also own Gigabyte ga-p35s-ds3r rev. 2.0 with F12 (newest) bios onboard. The problem i have is pretty simple. My OS which is Vista Ultimate 64bit freezes everytime i plug all 4 modules (i trid also at win7ultimate). Ofc i plug them in pairs, according to SN. The only thing i achieved by now is running them at 1000mhz but thats not what i want. Ive tried many bios settings but unfortunately i cant find any advanced guide how to set all the timings.

Some more essential infos
- OS and bios sees 8gb's
- f1 - f12 bioses gives the same result
- modules are working in 800mhz and 1000mhz
- ive tried different voltage 1,8-2,2 (changes nothing)
- i have Intel C2D 3.0GHz (333x9)

Please help me with this one, cos ive got no idea what to try next.

Settings that I need (that I think can solve this one) is the whole mit mb intelligent tweaker section but firstly timings (i put values i have now in brackets)
cas latency time (5)
dram ras# to cas# delay (5)
dram ras# precharge (5)
precharge delay (tRAS) (20)

ACT to ACT Delay tRRD (auto->4)
Rank Write to READ Delay (auto->4)
Write to precharge Delay (auto->8)
Refresh to ACT Delay (auto->72)
Read to Precharge Delay (auto->4)
Static tRead Value (auto->6)
Static tRead Phase Adjust (auto->0)

DDR2/DDR3 Overvoltage (normal, which means 1.8V)

Looking forward to hearing from you

PS. The message above is a copy of message sent to OCZ tech support so it may be not directed exactly to you but i think it describes the problem well.
(If there is a possibility i woud like to receive reply in polish language)

Whole configuration:
Core2Duo E8400 3,0GHz
Gigabyte Ga-P35C-DS3R rev 2.0 bios F12
2x OCZ4GB Dual Kit (2x2GB) Platinum 1066Mhz
Modecom 750W
Palit 8600GTS

I think the rest doesnt matter, so if some1 need more info plz post it.

More about : p35c ds3r rev f12 2xocz2p10664gk

March 2, 2010 2:42:47 PM

Hey there. Here is what you need to do to get them to operate correctly:

From Newegg specs:

Timing 5-5-5-18
Voltage 2.1V - 2.2V

First thing to do is set the voltage to 2.1 or 2.2 -- you can try with 2.1 first and test.

Also, set your tRAS from 20 to 18, although the slightly relaxed timing should help not hinder.

When doing this, your RAM should be able to run at 1066, so if your FSB is 400Mhz, then the DRAM:FSB Ratio needs to be set. ( I think 3:2, vs 1:1 which would give you 800Mhz). If the FSB is 333, then you'll need to adjust your CPU multiplier and the dram:fsb ratio to get the proper value again.

It IS possible that you have a bad stick of ram or one that simply can't run in 1066.
Another setting you can try is leaving the FSB at 400Mhz, and the DRAM:FSB ratio at 1:1 so that the RAM is running at 800Mhz.

Then have the default timings 5-5-5-18 with 2.1V -- this is much more relaxed and all the ram modules should be able to handle this better.

Worst comes to worst, start testing your memory with MemTest86+ one module at a time with both settings, this will show which stick is the culprit and if it can run with a stable value. Then you either run with that lower settings or you can RMA and hope for the best.
March 3, 2010 8:55:20 AM

All modules are working in 4GB sets. The problem is only with 8GB@1066. Right now im running memtest 4.0 (8GB@800Mhz).

Changing voltage did nothing, what is worse im sure that all modules are good, because they're working on other MOBO, so it has to be sth with configuration of the MB itself.

What is more confusing is that in polish web there's nothing about supported Voltage of DDR2 and on intrntln there is written
Quote:
4 x 1.8V DDR2 DIMM sockets supporting up to 8 GB of system memory

vs polish version

Quote:
Obsługa do 8GB pamięci Dual Channel przez 4 złącza DIMM
Obsługa pamięci DDR2 1066*/800/667 MHz

which means
Supports up to 8GBs of Dual Channel on 4 DIMM slots
Supports DDR2 1066*/800/667MHz
March 3, 2010 9:01:30 AM

Im confused right now, does it mean that this MOBO doesnt support this Memory. But if so why there is nothing about that on Gigabyte website?

Plz help me im stuck :( 
!