hey guys i cant run windows 7 ultimate 64 bit's WEI, when it gets to accessing CPU performance it shuts down, im pasting the log file i found. im running core 2 du0 6600 @ 2.4ghz, 2gb of ddr 2 ballistix 800, evga 8600gts, and some 600watt cool max power supplie it was a quick buy cause my last one took a *** and i had no money
my cpu runs 30c idle and 45c load, gpu runs 55c idle and 65 load, case temperature is 30c. i did memtest86+ and it found no errors, i let it run for a day. idk what else to do im getting pissed cause i cant play games without it doing it
I have the same processor and motherboard, 420 watt coolermax psu, nvidea 9800GT video card.
First my son noticed it would sometimes shut down when gaming. It gradually got worse until now it shuts down after a few seconds to 1 or 2 minutes (when the machine is completely cold).
Here is what I have tried so far:
1. I have removed all the components cleaned connections (including memory), cleaned and put back together.
2. Tried running with only the psu, half the memory, motherboard, hard drive and video card.
3. Swapped out the hard drive.
4. Removed the heatsink, cleaned, and put back together with arctic ice.
After this step, I was actually able to boot from the xp cd, and went through a total fresh install of xp.
As I was getting ready to update the drivers I started getting the shutdown problem again.
5. If I leave it off for awhile I can get a couple minutes before it shuts down, so I went into bios to check the temp. It was at 33 deg C when it shut down ( it shut down while I was in the bios).
6. Replaced the bios battery
I'm thinking it is the psu, but don't want to plunk down another 100 bucks for a decent one, when the system is already a couple years old. I suppose it could also be the processor itself.