Need some ideas for new card please

demonical

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
Hi, i just wanted wo know which graphics card i should get.

my pc (very basic) but works gd enough for me last 1 i had was athlon 1800xp years ago.

http://www.currys.co.uk/martprd/product/seo/Computing/Desktop+PCs/Base+Units/ACER/M3201/140749

at the moment it has a hd3200 which tbh works rally well for onboard.

i have £150ish and want to get some ram too (not sure about types or nothing rly need help on this too).

i know that i will also need a new psu too so any advice on that would help too (i think that mine is 250w).

if it makes a massive difference i could probable get more cash.

my estimates are:

£40 for psu (i would rather get a decent psu as im planing on building my own pc in next 6 months (does it matter if you use a psu that is alot more powerful then u need)?

£30-£40 for RAM ( i dont know nothing about ram and would like to get another 2gig. does it matter if the current ram is different to a new 1? because im guessing the 2gb already in my pc is not a good type.

£70-100 for graphics card i wan to be able to play games in a decent res (playing unrealtournement on 640/400 (i think) is not fun lol

first thing i will probably get is the psu because im guessing prices dont change that often.

thanks in advance

demonical

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
thank you for the response just wondering if the graphics card will run with my current psu 250w i think? also im planning on using the psu in the next build do you think it will be able to run a decnt pc in the next 6 months because im planning on using it on my next build?

also is this a good type of ram? would any one know any links to explain how ram works pls

thanks