POLL: Are you...

Are you getting Nightlife?

Right away, or later on?

What EP do you hope is next?

Have any suggestions for what "mystical" element could be in it? New
alien species, werewolves? :-)
--

I'm going to corner Miami attorney Jack Thompson in a dark alley and beat him to death with my pink lawn flamingo
115 answers Last reply

    > Are you getting Nightlife?

    Oh, yeah!

    > Right away, or later on?

    The day it comes out, if I can.

    > What EP do you hope is next?

    Go to work.

    > Have any suggestions for what "mystical" element could be in it? New
    > alien species, werewolves? :-)

    I have no clue...I'll leave it to minds more creative than mine.-Kelly
    > --
    >

    > I'm going to corner Miami attorney Jack Thompson in a dark alley and beat
    him to death with my pink lawn flamingo

    > Are you getting Nightlife?

    Yes. I pre-ordered it.

    > Right away, or later on?

    See above.

    > What EP do you hope is next?

    I'd love to see some pets again, even though I heard they weren't going to
    go that route.

    > Have any suggestions for what "mystical" element could be in it? New
    > alien species, werewolves? :-)
    > --

    Maybe it needs an Art Bell character or something.
    --
    Emily E

    www.emilyw.com

    > Are you getting Nightlife?

    yes

    > Right away, or later on?

    as soon as my hot little hands can grasp it.

    > What EP do you hope is next?

    I don't have any definate hopes

    > Have any suggestions for what "mystical" element could be in it? New
    > alien species, werewolves? :-)

    Real test tube babies. Mount them on the wall and monitor their nutrient
    levels.

    > --
    >

    > I'm going to corner Miami attorney Jack Thompson in a dark alley and beat
    him to death with my pink lawn flamingo

    > Are you getting Nightlife?
    >
    > Right away, or later on?

    Pre-ordererd

    > What EP do you hope is next?

    I miss pets but wouldn't want the entire EP focused on it unless it was
    really good. I'd also like to be able to call the cops and watch them cart
    out neighbors that won't leave, have a hospital for sick sims etc..

    > Have any suggestions for what "mystical" element could be in it? New
    > alien species, werewolves? :-)

    > --
    >

    > I'm going to corner Miami attorney Jack Thompson in a dark alley and beat
    > him to death with my pink lawn flamingo

    > Are you getting Nightlife?
    >
    > Right away, or later on?
    >
    > What EP do you hope is next?
    >
    > Have any suggestions for what "mystical" element could be in it? New
    > alien species, werewolves? :-)
    > --
    >

    > I'm going to corner Miami attorney Jack Thompson in a dark alley and beat
    > him to death with my pink lawn flamingo

    I have all the Sims games and ex-packs except for triple and mega deluxe.
    I have never been able to resist getting them as soon as possible.
    I even made a clerk unpack a delivery box just to get one of the ex-packs.

    I also have all the Prima guides.

    > Are you getting Nightlife?
    >
    > Right away, or later on?
    >
    > What EP do you hope is next?
    >
    > Have any suggestions for what "mystical" element could be in it? New
    > alien species, werewolves? :-)

    Yes.

    As soon as possible (first week, anyway)

    I would hope the one where you have different times for Sims (like Medieval)
    which was once alluded to in a Maxis survey, but I think it's going to be
    that business one

    Ninjas

    On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 19:23:11 -0700, "Kelly Cobb"
    <kelly.cobb@gmail.com> wrote:

    >> What EP do you hope is next?
    >
    >Go to work.

    For real? What would one do there? Gossip at the water cooler? I guess
    it would depend on your rank... That would be one enormously difficult
    EP to make... too many, and some extremely exotic, work locations.
    Like beat cop, captain hero... people who dont even stay in one place
    when they work.
    --

    > On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 19:23:11 -0700, "Kelly Cobb"
    > <kelly.cobb@gmail.com> wrote:
    >
    > >> What EP do you hope is next?
    > >
    > >Go to work.
    >
    > For real? What would one do there? Gossip at the water cooler? I guess
    > it would depend on your rank... That would be one enormously difficult
    > EP to make... too many, and some extremely exotic, work locations.
    > Like beat cop, captain hero... people who dont even stay in one place
    > when they work.
    > --
    I'm thinking along the lines of starting their own business. It was one of
    the choices in the poll that was on the web site. I thought it sounded fun.
    Set up and merchandise a boutique or grocery, or even sell homemade goods
    and hire people to run it.

    Kelly

    On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 19:28:05 -0700, "Kelly Cobb"
    <kelly.cobb@gmail.com> wrote:

    >I'm thinking along the lines of starting their own business. It was one of
    >the choices in the poll that was on the web site. I thought it sounded fun.
    >Set up and merchandise a boutique or grocery, or even sell homemade goods
    >and hire people to run it.

    I must be the world's dumbest smart person, cause I completely forgot
    about that at the momeny of writing LOL

    I liked it too... hope you can also keep those items at home. And I
    hope they're "advanced" in nature.

    Say your sim opens a carpenting shop... you choose a category of
    object to make, say a chair, and it gives you the base components... a
    sitting part,a supporting part, and optional back support part. And
    let's you sculpt them however you will, with some extremely simplified
    Paintshop/3d studio max style tools. You can make any supports you
    want... four legs... tripod... massive... curved... and you can sculpt
    the back support any way you want... like say, a simoleon... there
    would of course be some presets too... to combine. And you could sell
    it, keep it, give it as a gift, package it and upload, or share on
    your own website... and the new inventory function would allow sims to
    keep them after move out.... or you could add them to a custom
    catalogue.

    Well, that's how *I* would do it, hehe
    --

    I'm going to corner Miami attorney Jack Thompson in a dark alley and beat him to death with my pink lawn flamingo

    On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 21:30:29 -0500, "Bathtub"
    <eelliott@nospam.emilyw.com> wrote:

    >Yes. I pre-ordered it.

    Have you downloaded the hot rod car? :-)

    >I'd love to see some pets again, even though I heard they weren't going to
    >go that route.

    Yeah, Tim is supposed to have slipped in an interview, but I don't buy
    it. Seems too delibirate. On the other hand, all the questionaires
    they had... may have been about the new EP. At this point the
    designers and stuff have already been working on the next EP, the
    artists have already created some models... an ad for the next EP may
    already have been printed and put in thousands of Nightlife boxes...
    *drool*
    --

    > On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 21:30:29 -0500, "Bathtub"
    > <eelliott@nospam.emilyw.com> wrote:
    >
    >>Yes. I pre-ordered it.
    >
    > Have you downloaded the hot rod car? :-)

    No. Is it ready for download? Hmm. I guess I need to check into it.

    >>I'd love to see some pets again, even though I heard they weren't going to
    >>go that route.
    >
    > Yeah, Tim is supposed to have slipped in an interview, but I don't buy
    > it. Seems too delibirate. On the other hand, all the questionaires
    > they had... may have been about the new EP. At this point the
    > designers and stuff have already been working on the next EP, the
    > artists have already created some models... an ad for the next EP may
    > already have been printed and put in thousands of Nightlife boxes...
    > *drool*
    > --

    Drool indeed!
    --
    Emily E

    www.emilyw.com

    On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 22:00:41 -0500, "Bathtub"
    <eelliott@nospam.emilyw.com> wrote:

    >> Have you downloaded the hot rod car? :-)
    >>

    >No. Is it ready for download? Hmm. I guess I need to check into it.

    No, I went back to check, it says
    "Exclusive downloadable car will be available at game launch."

    Damned... I hope I can get ahold of the car somewhere else... I've
    preordered the game, but not through their vendors, because I live
    outside north america :-(
    --

    I'm going to corner Miami attorney Jack Thompson in a dark alley and beat him to death with my pink lawn flamingo

    "Guardian Pegasus" wrote...
    > "Kelly Cobb" wrote:
    >
    >>I'm thinking along the lines of starting their own business. It was one of
    >>the choices in the poll that was on the web site. I thought it sounded
    >>fun.
    >>Set up and merchandise a boutique or grocery, or even sell homemade goods
    >>and hire people to run it.
    >
    > I must be the world's dumbest smart person, cause I completely forgot
    > about that at the momeny of writing LOL

    You are not world's dumbest smart person.... You are just..., average.
    (did I hear ouch? :-D)

    > I liked it too... hope you can also keep those items at home. And I
    > hope they're "advanced" in nature.
    >
    > Say your sim opens a carpenting shop... you choose a category of
    > object to make, say a chair, and it gives you the base components... a
    > sitting part,a supporting part, and optional back support part. And
    > let's you sculpt them however you will, with some extremely simplified
    > Paintshop/3d studio max style tools. You can make any supports you
    > want... four legs... tripod... massive... curved... and you can sculpt
    > the back support any way you want... like say, a simoleon... there
    > would of course be some presets too... to combine. And you could sell
    > it, keep it, give it as a gift, package it and upload, or share on
    > your own website... and the new inventory function would allow sims to
    > keep them after move out.... or you could add them to a custom
    > catalogue.
    >
    > Well, that's how *I* would do it, hehe

    I don't think that's very easy to program. But anyways, I think it would be
    fun to go to work as a nose-picking, ass-crack rubbing cashier at a store.
    Perhaps I would catch a couple customers doing oohoo in changing booth....
    Even work at a farmer's market would be fun.

    Ashikaga

    > Are you getting Nightlife?

    Definately!

    > Right away, or later on?

    ASAP!

    > What EP do you hope is next?

    I see everyone wants pets. I didn't like Unleashed. I tried having a pet
    and it didn't work well. I also didn't like all the stray's waltzing
    through leaving their mess behind! I know there were hacks to correct it,
    but I only use hacks to fix bugs. I would only want pets if it was handled
    better.

    I want to see more crafts. I like my Sims to be creative. I would like to
    see some things that were in the PS2 game. Like the pottery wheel. I would
    like the Sculpting Block. And more/better paintings. Also someone else
    mentioned sports. I liked the basketball hoop. How about catch (baseball
    and American football). How about water vollyball or Marco Polo for the
    pool. The pool is boring. The should have some interaction for the pool.
    It is a good way for them to build body, but it is boring for us!

    > Have any suggestions for what "mystical" element could be in it? New
    > alien species, werewolves? :-)
    > --

    How about NPC monsters to go around terrorizing Sim houses/community lots?
    Mummies, Frankenstien's Monster, Vampires, Zombies and so on. They would
    just scary like ghosts and destroy objects! Then we could go back and
    repair/rebuild! YES!

    > > Have any suggestions for what "mystical" element could be in it? New
    > > alien species, werewolves? :-)
    >
    > Real test tube babies. Mount them on the wall and monitor their nutrient
    > levels.

    Ha ha - Yes, I WANT that.

    "Guardian Pegasus" <nobody@nowhere.xxx> schreef in bericht
    > Are you getting Nightlife?

    Probably depends if I am inthe balck on my bankaccount

    > Right away, or later on?

    Bankaccount

    > What EP do you hope is next?

    Hmm pets i guess. Riding horses, dogs biting you in the ..... ;o)
    So farms maybe? also nice view for the neighbourhood

    > Have any suggestions for what "mystical" element could be in it? New
    > alien species, werewolves? :-)

    Hmm if pets I would bet wherewolves ;o)

    Guardian Pegasus wrote:
    > Are you getting Nightlife?
    >
    > Right away, or later on?

    Probably right away. Can get on sale that way.

    > What EP do you hope is next?ith a

    Something with lots and lots of cool objects and better clothes. And a
    middle-age that isn't fugly.

    > Have any suggestions for what "mystical" element could be in it? New
    > alien species, werewolves? :-)

    I want Godzilla.

    -georg

    "Kelly Cobb" <kelly.cobb@gmail.com> schreef in bericht

    > "Guardian Pegasus" <nobody@nowhere.xxx> wrote in message

    >> >Go to work.
    >>
    >> For real? What would one do there? Gossip at the water cooler? I guess
    >> it would depend on your rank... That would be one enormously difficult
    >> EP to make... too many, and some extremely exotic, work locations.
    >> Like beat cop, captain hero... people who dont even stay in one place
    >> when they work.
    >> --
    > I'm thinking along the lines of starting their own business. It was one of
    > the choices in the poll that was on the web site. I thought it sounded
    > fun.
    > Set up and merchandise a boutique or grocery, or even sell homemade goods
    > and hire people to run it.

    No way, that is what messed up my spaceflight games.
    Instead that the buggers improved on te gameplay and challeging
    flight options etc, or planet landings, they let you run this space
    corperation
    which is utterly boring after a while.
    But I know some would like that stuff. Not me.

    "D.E." <ask4myemail> wrote in message

    > "Kelly Cobb" <kelly.cobb@gmail.com> schreef in bericht
    > >
    > > "Guardian Pegasus" <nobody@nowhere.xxx> wrote in message

    > >> For real? What would one do there? Gossip at the water cooler? I guess
    > >> it would depend on your rank... That would be one enormously difficult
    > >> EP to make... too many, and some extremely exotic, work locations.
    > >> Like beat cop, captain hero... people who dont even stay in one place
    > >> when they work.
    > >> --
    > > I'm thinking along the lines of starting their own business. It was one
    of
    > > the choices in the poll that was on the web site. I thought it sounded
    > > fun.
    > > Set up and merchandise a boutique or grocery, or even sell homemade
    goods
    > > and hire people to run it.
    >
    > No way, that is what messed up my spaceflight games.
    > Instead that the buggers improved on te gameplay and challeging
    > flight options etc, or planet landings, they let you run this space
    > corperation
    > which is utterly boring after a while.
    > But I know some would like that stuff. Not me.
    >
    > > Kelly

    One of the things that was thrown out there was that you could set up the
    business, then hire people to run it, while you sit at home and collect the
    money. This would leave your Sim free to party all the time and not have to
    work. Unless the business failed, of course.:)

    Kelly

    On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 04:14:58 +0200 Guardian Pegasus wrote:

    > Are you getting Nightlife?

    Yes!

    > Right away, or later on?

    Probably later on, I'm a little short of money right now and I prefer to
    wait a bit until I know about bugs and how to avoid them/how to fix them.

    > What EP do you hope is next?

    Something with pets again would be nice :)

    > Have any suggestions for what "mystical" element could be in it? New
    > alien species, werewolves? :-)

    I'd love witches! Maybe as a career! :D

    Dorte

    > "Madame Mim" <mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
    >> > Have any suggestions for what "mystical" element could be in it? New
    >> > alien species, werewolves? :-)
    >>
    >> Real test tube babies. Mount them on the wall and monitor their nutrient
    >> levels.
    >
    > Ha ha - Yes, I WANT that.

    Machine to chop off heads and keep them alive in a bottle.

    GG
    Well Loki is getting jaded.

    > Are you getting Nightlife?

    You're jokin' right? LOL
    Of course!!!!

    > Right away, or later on?

    I don't think I can wait for Sept. 15th so I know I couldn't wait
    longer. LOL

    > What EP do you hope is next?

    A Ranch/Farm type

    > Have any suggestions for what "mystical" element could be in it? New
    > alien species, werewolves? :-)

    Werewolves would be nice! ;P

    Joy

    Hey! Werewolves would fit very well into a farm/pet themed EP!
    We could make pets outa them! HAHA!!!

    "joyplayer" <excuseme@nomail.com> wrote in message

    > "Guardian Pegasus" <nobody@nowhere.xxx> wrote in message
    >> Are you getting Nightlife?
    >
    > You're jokin' right? LOL
    > Of course!!!!
    >

    >> Right away, or later on?
    >
    > I don't think I can wait for Sept. 15th so I know I couldn't wait
    > longer. LOL
    >

    >> What EP do you hope is next?
    >
    > A Ranch/Farm type
    >

    >> Have any suggestions for what "mystical" element could be in it? New
    >> alien species, werewolves? :-)
    >
    > Werewolves would be nice! ;P
    >
    > Joy

    I just KNEW Loki would want one of those.

    "Granny Something" <marrowjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message

    >> > "Madame Mim" <mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> Real test tube babies. Mount them on the wall and monitor their
    nutrient
    > >> levels.
    > >
    > > Ha ha - Yes, I WANT that.
    > >
    > Machine to chop off heads and keep them alive in a bottle.
    >
    > GG
    > Well Loki is getting jaded.

    > Are you getting Nightlife?

    Yus

    > Right away, or later on?

    Right away, it's pre-ordered and, as I said before, this is entirely *your*
    fault.

    > What EP do you hope is next?

    mmmm - it's difficult isn't it? I think I'd like something more mature and
    less aimed at a young audience. All this pleasure-seeking, partying and
    dating is boring for anyone older than 30! Yes it is, don't argue. Anyway,
    it makes me feel tired. I liked having pets so I hope at some point we'll
    get them back. I like some of the suggestions people have come up with for
    farms and hospitals and other role-situations. Maybe sports and games would
    be a good theme for an EP - I miss the volleyball game. You could have
    horse-riding and, say, yatching, as well as the more regular physical
    acitivites. (Don't mention golf or I'll poke you). Group activities are
    good for sims when you want to develop relationships and sociability. I'd
    like some sensible aspirations too, the only ones we've got now are family
    and knowledge. Romance sims are good as irresponsible fornicators and the
    loot-lusting aspiration (fortune) is good for sims you want to be mean,
    nasty and money-grubbing but neither is particularly sensible and the sort
    of thing you'd give to sims you like. I'd like a creative aspiration. And
    maybe a 'create mayhem and chaos' one - just for fun. I'm pleased the
    classical music station is back in NL. I'd like Maxis to be less pious
    about fatter sims - I had some lovely voluptuous ladies in Sims 1.

    > Have any suggestions for what "mystical" element could be in it? New
    > alien species, werewolves? :-)

    Well, werewolves are the obvious choice, I think, seeing as Maxis seems to
    be going through the back catalogue of horror/action/monster movies for
    types. I wonder if they'd get fleas? Maybe we'll get dinosaurs. Or The
    Blob, ha ha. Or maybe a large octopus to sit in the fountains and entwine
    and scoff passing unsuspecting sims. We've had a sort of Triffid after
    all - well, all right, it's a cow plant but Granny's thesis is that it's
    part-triffid. Gargoyles, centaurs, sphinxes, griffons, chimeras - mythical
    ancient world creatures - mmm, I don't think so. I did like the Makin'
    Magic EP for Sims 1 - mainly because I used to enjoy tormenting my vicar sim
    who lived across the road from my coven. Proper witches would be nice.
    Demons and devils? mmm ... as it's an American product, perhaps not. Can
    you imagine the reaction?

    Best wishes
    maxon

    Kelly Cobb wrote:
    > "Guardian Pegasus" <nobody@nowhere.xxx> wrote in message

    >>>Go to work.
    >>
    >>For real? What would one do there? Gossip at the water cooler? I guess
    >>it would depend on your rank... That would be one enormously difficult
    >>EP to make... too many, and some extremely exotic, work locations.
    >>Like beat cop, captain hero... people who dont even stay in one place
    >>when they work.
    >>--
    >
    > I'm thinking along the lines of starting their own business. It was one of
    > the choices in the poll that was on the web site. I thought it sounded fun.
    > Set up and merchandise a boutique or grocery, or even sell homemade goods
    > and hire people to run it.
    >
    > Kelly

    If they simply came up with work-at-home objects, you could do that
    after Nightlife, since we can now have our sims live downtown. Just
    think, I can have some living in an apartment over the coffee shop!
    Nifty idea.

    Jeanie

    Guardian Pegasus wrote:
    > Are you getting Nightlife?

    Yes

    > Right away, or later on?

    Probably not for a couple of weeks after release. I'm going on vacation
    for a week and then I want to check in here to see what bugs you have
    all found and fixed. LOL

    > What EP do you hope is next?

    I'd like to see several ways to make money at home. I love the real
    vegetable gardening from Unleashed and the pets were fun, but got boring
    after a while. I liked the grape stomping from Makin' Magic. I really
    don't think I can come up with a theme for an EP that I'd like to see,
    just odds and ends I hope they eventually incorporate into the game.

    Jeanie

    > Have any suggestions for what "mystical" element could be in it? New
    > alien species, werewolves? :-)
    > --
    >

    > I'm going to corner Miami attorney Jack Thompson in a dark alley and beat him to death with my pink lawn flamingo

    "joyplayer" <excuseme@nomail.com> wrote in message

    >> What EP do you hope is next?
    >
    > A Ranch/Farm type

    I wonder if it will have the big "Ranch Tooth" from the Wendy's commercial.

    RANCH.
    --
    Emily E

    www.emilyw.com

    On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 06:49:01 GMT, "Ashikaga" <citizenashi@hotmail.com>
    wrote:

    >You are not world's dumbest smart person.... You are just..., average.
    >(did I hear ouch? :-D)

    Oh, that's like the biggest insult! LOL, although the university of
    Oslo and norwegian army would disagree with you :-P

    >I don't think that's very easy to program. But anyways, I think it would be
    >fun to go to work as a nose-picking, ass-crack rubbing cashier at a store.
    >Perhaps I would catch a couple customers doing oohoo in changing booth....
    >Even work at a farmer's market would be fun.

    How about an ass-rubbing, crack-picker! Employed as a coca plant
    picker lol

    But seriously... if the "family business" thing is for real, it looks
    like you will indeed have the option of following them to work, and
    act as both clerk and creator.
    --

    I'm going to corner Miami attorney Jack Thompson in a dark alley and beat him to death with my pink lawn flamingo

    On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 06:52:10 -0700, "Kelly Cobb"
    <kelly.cobb@gmail.com> wrote:

    >One of the things that was thrown out there was that you could set up the
    >business, then hire people to run it, while you sit at home and collect the
    >money. This would leave your Sim free to party all the time and not have to
    >work. Unless the business failed, of course.:)

    Yep, OR, run it yourself... which seems equally attractive to me :-)
    --

    I'm going to corner Miami attorney Jack Thompson in a dark alley and beat him to death with my pink lawn flamingo

    On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 03:37:46 GMT, "Madame Mim"
    <mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote:

    >Real test tube babies. Mount them on the wall and monitor their nutrient
    >levels.

    ROFLMAO!
    --

    I'm going to corner Miami attorney Jack Thompson in a dark alley and beat him to death with my pink lawn flamingo

    On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 13:29:27 GMT, "Granny Something"
    <marrowjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

    >Machine to chop off heads and keep them alive in a bottle.

    This isn't mystical, it's bizarre! lol... but I like it :-P

    I want that car from Knight Rider! LOL, oh and I want to crucify sims
    I don't like! :-P

    When I see Mrs Crumblebottom or Crabapple or what's her name, I'm
    gonna press M for missile and watch her fly...
    --

    > On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 13:29:27 GMT, "Granny Something"
    > <marrowjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
    >

    > When I see Mrs Crumblebottom or Crabapple or what's her name, I'm
    > gonna press M for missile and watch her fly...

    Crabapple??
    Uh oh - ducks for cover.

    Wait wait - there you are Granny, you can be:

    Granny Crumplebottom

    Wah hahahaha

    On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 01:38:53 -0500, "Davybear" <Davybear@adelphia.net>
    wrote:
    >I also have all the Prima guides.

    They cost almost as much as the EPs, dont they? 20$?
    --

    On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 12:23:26 +0200, "D.E." <ask4myemail> wrote:

    >Hmm pets i guess. Riding horses, dogs biting you in the ..... ;o)
    >So farms maybe? also nice view for the neighbourhood

    Mwahaha riding them through a lot of a neighbour you hate, and getting
    your horse to dump on his lot, in front of the mailbox :-P
    --

    I'm going to corner Miami attorney Jack Thompson in a dark alley and beat him to death with my pink lawn flamingo

    On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 02:58:39 -0500, "Jeremy Reaban"
    <trancejeremy@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >I would hope the one where you have different times for Sims (like Medieval)
    >which was once alluded to in a Maxis survey, but I think it's going to be
    >that business one

    Would potentially be a lot of work though, dont you think? I mean...
    custom objects for each "time"? I guess it's not unfeasable.
    --

    I'm going to corner Miami attorney Jack Thompson in a dark alley and beat him to death with my pink lawn flamingo

    On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 03:47:13 GMT, "Mary"
    <xxxxyyosugrad97330@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

    >I miss pets but wouldn't want the entire EP focused on it unless it was
    >really good.

    My sentiments exactly... plus, pets would have to be a lot more
    involving. Other pets should be as interactive as dogs and cats were.
    And you should have rabbits, big parrots, horses, cows, pigs,
    chickens... a mixed pet/farming EP, basically.

    > On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 03:47:13 GMT, "Mary"
    > <xxxxyyosugrad97330@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
    >
    >>I miss pets but wouldn't want the entire EP focused on it unless it
    >>was
    >>really good.
    >
    > My sentiments exactly... plus, pets would have to be a lot more
    > involving. Other pets should be as interactive as dogs and cats were.
    > And you should have rabbits, big parrots, horses, cows, pigs,
    > chickens... a mixed pet/farming EP, basically.
    >
    >>I'd also like to be able to call the cops and watch them cart
    >>out neighbors that won't leave, have a hospital for sick sims etc..
    > --
    >

    > I'm going to corner Miami attorney Jack Thompson in a dark alley and
    > beat him to death with my pink lawn flamingo

    I heard that the next EP was going to be a pet/farm based one. With
    horses too. I want that!
    You could be a farmer and plant crops and all that jazz. LOL
    Joy

    On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 14:57:56 GMT, "Maxon"
    <jen.magson@NOSPAMntlworld.com> wrote:

    >mmmm - it's difficult isn't it? I think I'd like something more mature and
    >less aimed at a young audience. All this pleasure-seeking, partying and
    >dating is boring for anyone older than 30! Yes it is, don't argue. Anyway,

    I never much liked house parties, sports parties, dorm parties etc.
    anyway... I am looking forward to Nightlife though.

    >it makes me feel tired. I liked having pets so I hope at some point we'll
    >get them back. I like some of the suggestions people have come up with for

    I'm sure we will... unfortunately it will probably be one of the last
    ones before Sims 3 comes out lol! :-(

    >farms and hospitals and other role-situations. Maybe sports and games would
    >be a good theme for an EP - I miss the volleyball game. You could have
    >horse-riding and, say, yatching, as well as the more regular physical
    >acitivites. (Don't mention golf or I'll poke you). Group activities are

    That's not bad... you're hired!

    >and knowledge. Romance sims are good as irresponsible fornicators and the

    Tihi, yeah... I play sims according to their aspiration. Wealth as the
    ambitious and high-powered, knowledge as nerds, family as hicks,
    romance as "irresponsible fornicators", and popularity sims as...
    well, people who need to be popular. Draw attention, smoke weed, play
    in bands etc. lol

    >loot-lusting aspiration (fortune) is good for sims you want to be mean,
    >nasty and money-grubbing but neither is particularly sensible and the sort
    >of thing you'd give to sims you like. I'd like a creative aspiration. And
    >maybe a 'create mayhem and chaos' one - just for fun. I'm pleased the
    >classical music station is back in NL. I'd like Maxis to be less pious
    >about fatter sims - I had some lovely voluptuous ladies in Sims 1.

    I like it... I've always wished for more aspirations. And in the
    opposite end of the spectrum, a do-gooder aspiration! Who wants to be
    friends with everyone, give compliments, encourage, and would want to
    work in the medical career, for instance.

    And I totally agree on classical music and fat sims... I'd like obese
    and bodybuilder frames as well. Currently there isnt much difference
    between them.

    >Well, werewolves are the obvious choice, I think, seeing as Maxis seems to
    >be going through the back catalogue of horror/action/monster movies for
    >types. I wonder if they'd get fleas? Maybe we'll get dinosaurs. Or The
    >Blob, ha ha. Or maybe a large octopus to sit in the fountains and entwine
    >and scoff passing unsuspecting sims. We've had a sort of Triffid after
    >all - well, all right, it's a cow plant but Granny's thesis is that it's
    >part-triffid. Gargoyles, centaurs, sphinxes, griffons, chimeras - mythical
    >ancient world creatures - mmm, I don't think so. I did like the Makin'
    >Magic EP for Sims 1 - mainly because I used to enjoy tormenting my vicar sim
    >who lived across the road from my coven. Proper witches would be nice.
    >Demons and devils? mmm ... as it's an American product, perhaps not. Can
    >you imagine the reaction?

    They would slap an M17 or whatever on it so fast it would make our
    zombie sims heads spin. I love the dinosaur idea! LOL! I want a pet EP
    where you also get a dino-clone machine which you can use to make
    miniature-dinosaur pets! Kinda like the dragon in Makin Magic, but
    different types! Triceratopses, Rexes, Raptors etc. good herbivore
    minosaurs and bad carnies :-)
    --

    On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 10:38:19 -0500, "bd85tx" <bd85tx@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >I see everyone wants pets. I didn't like Unleashed. I tried having a pet
    >and it didn't work well. I also didn't like all the stray's waltzing

    I loved Unleashed, for the pets, and the humongous new neighbourhood.

    >How about NPC monsters to go around terrorizing Sim houses/community lots?
    >Mummies, Frankenstien's Monster, Vampires, Zombies and so on. They would
    >just scary like ghosts and destroy objects! Then we could go back and
    >repair/rebuild! YES!

    Hmm... we'd need some countermeasures... laser-fences, machine guns,
    explosive-tipped harpoons, and a monster hunter service, and career!
    --

    I'm going to corner Miami attorney Jack Thompson in a dark alley and beat him to death with my pink lawn flamingo

    Just as long as it's not Ghostbusters.

    > On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 14:57:56 GMT, "Maxon"
    > <jen.magson@NOSPAMntlworld.com> wrote:
    >>
    > >and knowledge. Romance sims are good as irresponsible fornicators and
    the

    > Tihi, yeah... I play sims according to their aspiration. Wealth as the
    > ambitious and high-powered, knowledge as nerds, family as hicks,
    > romance as "irresponsible fornicators", and popularity sims as...
    > well, people who need to be popular. Draw attention, smoke weed, play
    > in bands etc. lol

    Hey - I resent that. I am a knowledge sim myself and I am NOT a nerd. Mind
    you I am not terribly interested in fashion or other popular stuff - I like
    to think of myself as clever, witty and urbane. Preen.

    Yes, yes, alright, thank you. You can stop laughing at the back now.

    > >loot-lusting aspiration (fortune) is good for sims you want to be mean,
    > >nasty and money-grubbing but neither is particularly sensible and the
    sort
    > >of thing you'd give to sims you like. I'd like a creative aspiration.
    And
    > >maybe a 'create mayhem and chaos' one - just for fun. I'm pleased the
    > >classical music station is back in NL. I'd like Maxis to be less pious
    > >about fatter sims - I had some lovely voluptuous ladies in Sims 1.
    >
    > I like it... I've always wished for more aspirations. And in the
    > opposite end of the spectrum, a do-gooder aspiration! Who wants to be
    > friends with everyone, give compliments, encourage, and would want to
    > work in the medical career, for instance.

    ooo yes, I could have fun tormenting that one. Ahem, I mean, I'm sure
    they'd make a wholesome and worthy addition to my neighbourhoods. (aside):
    mmm, busybodies ... excellent.

    > And I totally agree on classical music and fat sims... I'd like obese
    > and bodybuilder frames as well. Currently there isnt much difference
    > between them.

    Yes, all very conformist.

    > >Well, werewolves are the obvious choice, I think, seeing as Maxis seems
    > >be going through the back catalogue of horror/action/monster movies for
    > >types. I wonder if they'd get fleas? Maybe we'll get dinosaurs. Or The
    > >Blob, ha ha. Or maybe a large octopus to sit in the fountains and
    entwine
    > >and scoff passing unsuspecting sims. We've had a sort of Triffid after
    > >all - well, all right, it's a cow plant but Granny's thesis is that it's
    > >part-triffid. Gargoyles, centaurs, sphinxes, griffons, chimeras -
    mythical
    > >ancient world creatures - mmm, I don't think so. I did like the Makin'
    > >Magic EP for Sims 1 - mainly because I used to enjoy tormenting my vicar
    sim
    > >who lived across the road from my coven. Proper witches would be nice.
    > >Demons and devils? mmm ... as it's an American product, perhaps not.
    Can
    > >you imagine the reaction?
    >
    > They would slap an M17 or whatever on it so fast it would make our
    > zombie sims heads spin.

    mmm yes, I think it would be a case of batten down the hatches and break out
    the body armour.

    I love the dinosaur idea! LOL! I want a pet EP
    > where you also get a dino-clone machine which you can use to make
    > miniature-dinosaur pets! Kinda like the dragon in Makin Magic, but
    > different types! Triceratopses, Rexes, Raptors etc. good herbivore
    > minosaurs and bad carnies :-)

    Actually, perhaps we could have a zoo! A dino zoo. Robert Bakker and Jack
    Horner would be in heaven. ... OK, so that *was* a nerd reference - I don't
    care. Or maybe fun fairs and carnivals - I know we sort of had that with
    Makin' Magic but weird clowns can be fun too. I'd definitely lean towards
    the odd - maybe they should get Tim Burton in as a consultant.

    Best wishes
    maxon

    > "D.E." <ask4myemail> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Kelly Cobb" <kelly.cobb@gmail.com> schreef in bericht
    >> >
    >> > "Guardian Pegasus" <nobody@nowhere.xxx> wrote in message

    >> > I'm thinking along the lines of starting their own business. It was one
    > of
    >> > the choices in the poll that was on the web site. I thought it sounded
    >> > fun.
    >> > Set up and merchandise a boutique or grocery, or even sell homemade
    > goods
    >> > and hire people to run it.
    >>
    >> No way, that is what messed up my spaceflight games.
    >> Instead that the buggers improved on te gameplay and challeging
    >> flight options etc, or planet landings, they let you run this space
    >> corperation
    >> which is utterly boring after a while.
    >> But I know some would like that stuff. Not me.
    >>
    >> > Kelly
    >> >

    > One of the things that was thrown out there was that you could set up the
    > business, then hire people to run it, while you sit at home and collect
    > the
    > money. This would leave your Sim free to party all the time and not have
    > work. Unless the business failed, of course.:)

    That is why we have the cheat, I just see it as winning the lotery. ;o)
    (why isn`t there a lottery in he game?)

    "joyplayer" <excuseme@nomail.com> schreef in bericht

    > "Guardian Pegasus" <nobody@nowhere.xxx> wrote in message
    >> On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 03:47:13 GMT, "Mary"
    >> <xxxxyyosugrad97330@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
    >>
    >>>I miss pets but wouldn't want the entire EP focused on it unless it was
    >>>really good.
    >>
    >> My sentiments exactly... plus, pets would have to be a lot more
    >> involving. Other pets should be as interactive as dogs and cats were.
    >> And you should have rabbits, big parrots, horses, cows, pigs,
    >> chickens... a mixed pet/farming EP, basically.
    >>
    >>>I'd also like to be able to call the cops and watch them cart
    >>>out neighbors that won't leave, have a hospital for sick sims etc..
    >> --
    >>

    >> I'm going to corner Miami attorney Jack Thompson in a dark alley and beat
    >> him to death with my pink lawn flamingo
    >
    > I heard that the next EP was going to be a pet/farm based one. With horses
    > too. I want that!
    > You could be a farmer and plant crops and all that jazz. LOL
    > Joy

    Hm we need police officers too, because I would certainly
    plant some crops which they would like to
    persucute. ;o)

    > On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 12:23:26 +0200, "D.E." <ask4myemail> wrote:
    >
    >>Hmm pets i guess. Riding horses, dogs biting you in the ..... ;o)
    >>So farms maybe? also nice view for the neighbourhood
    >
    > Mwahaha riding them through a lot of a neighbour you hate, and getting
    > your horse to dump on his lot, in front of the mailbox :-P

    my cat scratches their furniture and my dog helps the horse a bit ;o)

    On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 13:26:06 -0500, "joyplayer" <excuseme@nomail.com>
    wrote:

    >I heard that the next EP was going to be a pet/farm based one. With
    >horses too. I want that!
    >You could be a farmer and plant crops and all that jazz. LOL

    What source? I would't put TOO much faith in the official site BBS :-\

    But oh how I wish it were true........
    --

    On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 21:34:42 +0200, "D.E." <ask4myemail> wrote:

    >Hm we need police officers too, because I would certainly
    >plant some crops which they would like to
    >persucute. ;o)

    On september 13th... maybe sooner... we may know what the next EP is
    as well... I hear Maxis say they're planning 5-6 EP's, but... with the
    original Sims they weren't planning a single one. Until it became a
    runaway hit, they planned 2, then 3, and we all know what happened,
    and here we are like 10 sims games later, just on the PC.. lol
    --

    On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 21:35:51 +0200, "D.E." <ask4myemail> wrote:

    >my cat scratches their furniture and my dog helps the horse a bit ;o)

    I have a pet parrot who can turn any object into lots of smaller ones
    :-)
    --

    I'm going to corner Miami attorney Jack Thompson in a dark alley and beat him to death with my pink lawn flamingo

Sims Games Video Games