Help overclocking HP OEM System?

mediatrapper

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2009
MOBO: (Pegatron G33 Burbank (I'm assuming it's a scaled down ASUS to stop idiots from blowing their computers up)
HPQOEM - 20081217
BIOS Date: 12/17/08 16:25:45 Ver: 5.21
(American Megatrends)

CPU - Intel Q9400 2.66Ghz

I want to have the ability to modify settings in my BIOS. It's a decent motherboard with lots of expansion for being so inexpensive, but it has no overclocking ability - that I know of. Does anyone know of a BIOS mod for this MOBO? I'd rather not buy a new motherboard considering all of my OEM operating system information is on it. When money isn't an issue I'll consider that option. Ideas?

Thanks
MediaTrapper

Solution
OEMs lock down their motherboards pretty good. You'll need to buy a new one as far as I know. You can get something for under $100. The OS won't matter as long as you have your Activation Key which should be on your case. If it doesn't like that, the automated phone thing is really easy just takes about 10-15 minutes.
OEMs lock down their motherboards pretty good. You'll need to buy a new one as far as I know. You can get something for under $100. The OS won't matter as long as you have your Activation Key which should be on your case. If it doesn't like that, the automated phone thing is really easy just takes about 10-15 minutes.

Solution

mediatrapper

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2009
Yeah that's what I was thinking - I didn't know if anyone knew of something like "Mr BIOS" that could work. Any suggestions for a new MOBO? I've got PC2-6400 Ram, Socket LGA 775 processor(q9400), a 550W OCZ PSU, and just bought a 6790 GPU. I want something that could potentially use crossfire.

Thanks a lot by the way.