Sign in with
Your question

File transfer from pc that is not working

Last response: in Windows XP
February 19, 2012 7:12:55 PM

How do I transfer files from a computer that is not working. It turns on but nothing on the screen. Please help. I need to take photos off the computer

More about : file transfer working

February 19, 2012 7:19:13 PM

The two easiest options are:
1) Install the drive to a working computer and copy the files to its hard drive.
2) Install the drive into an enclosure, attach that to a working computer and copy the files to the working computer's hard drive.
February 20, 2012 1:33:01 AM

is it hard to do? I have another Dell I could put the hd on? Once I sis that there is a program =called easy transfer would that work?
Related resources
February 20, 2012 1:58:14 AM

No. First unplug the working computer (host) from the wall, open the side panel, find an empty hard drive bay, install the old drive, attach a data cable to the newly-installed hard drive and to an empty port connector on the motherboard, then attach the appropriate power cable to the hard drive.

Plug in the power cord, and power-on the system. When windows loads, you can use Windows Explorer to locate the old hard drive, select the folders and files you wish to copy, then paste them to a new location on the host computer's hard drive.
February 20, 2012 5:16:49 AM

What kind of the HD you have in the boken system...... if it is teh OLD Type IDE... then make sure your new system have a IDE Port.. Or you can use a USB to IDE / SATA Adapter Something like this http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item...

But the transfer rate will be very slow .... because is thur USB... if you have just some data ... that is OK..... but if you have a lot over 50GB better connect inside another computer to do it....
February 20, 2012 8:40:08 AM

THANK YOU
!