So I'm posting a lot of questions. Sorry bout that, but currently my system is running on the AMD stock cooler, and the Corsair H50, has.... Well... Appealed to me. However I don't understand the basics of water cooling. And Apparently the H50 is a radiator by itself. If that is so. Where does the liquid come from? I mean Corsair has a Youtube video on the thing. But i just don't get how water cooling works in general. Will you have to do something radiator, or manage it a lot? Thanks for the help.

Solution
its self contained, the liquid stays inside the loop with no need to fill.

its alright, but nothing special. easy to install watercooling, but it only performs as well as a decent air colling rig. really, theres no reason to get it over a good air cooler. since an air cooler is never goig to break and ruin your entire rig.

welshmousepk

Distinguished
its self contained, the liquid stays inside the loop with no need to fill.

its alright, but nothing special. easy to install watercooling, but it only performs as well as a decent air colling rig. really, theres no reason to get it over a good air cooler. since an air cooler is never goig to break and ruin your entire rig.

Solution

welshmousepk

Distinguished
to add though, the h50 isnt a typical watercooling rig. its basically watercolling for beginers. no where near as effective, but much simpler and cheaper.

a full watercooling set needs a resivoir, pump, external radiator and waterblock to be installed. this thing basucally TIMs to your CPU and attaches to a fan and way you go.
as i say though, it doesnt perform anywhere near that of a 'real' watercooling rig.

^5 +1 what welshmousepk said.

I am a very big fan of Corsair power supplies and memory modules. However, I am afraid the H50 simply is not up to Corsair standards. It's disappointing.

If you would like to learn about liquid cooled systems, please visit the Cooler and Heatsinks section of this forum. Be sure to read the Watercooling Guide posted by Conumdrum. It's the second thread/topic in that section:

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/forum-29-183.html

Kithzaru

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
The H50 comes in really handy and shines in system where there is very little airflow inside of the case itself. However, as others have pointed out, a decent Air cooling solution would be as effective if not better.

Wow awesome Johnny thank you. I will be getting the V8 I think, since it works better on AMD chips after all.
EDIT: Actually, the Zalman CNPS10X Extreme since it sells the same price as the V8 at Frys, Johnny, would the Zalman CNPS10X Extreme fit in an Antec 902? i know the Xigamatek DK fits so does the V8 but does this fit? I hear it is quite big.

coolsparx

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2010

hi there... i notice that you have a Tuniq tower. i am considering a purchase of either this, the CM V8, or the H50.

i know that when you choose the type of cooling, you need to see what kinda case you have. am small, congested chassis, and h50 is the way to. i happen to have a CM HAF 922 with tons of fans. hence i guess the Tuniq tower 120 would do better justice due to the excellent heat dissapation properties of the HAF.

i just wanted to check. am i right? also, the TT120 is much cheaper and a lot less 'drier' :lol: