Sign in with
Your question

I cannot access bios anymore

Last response: in Storage
July 11, 2011 1:43:00 PM

i cannot access bios anymore to discard the changes i made. I set sata emulation to Combined IDE controller, and now bios wont open anymore, so I can undo this change. Please someone can tell me what can I do?

More about : access bios anymore

a c 104 G Storage
July 12, 2011 1:37:06 PM

Hello,

If you can't get to the splash screen to access your BIOS, it is almost always a hardware problem. You might consider connecting a beep code speaker to the front I/O port of you MB, to better identify the offending hardware item.

You might also consider resetting the BIOS to the default setting. That's done after turning off your computer, and unplugging it, by pressing the reset button or shorting out two terminals on the MB for 10 seconds. (listed in the manual)
July 13, 2011 7:14:53 AM

thank u so much. I already resolved this issue by resetting BIOS to the default settings. Now it's OK. Thanks.
Related resources
a c 104 G Storage
July 13, 2011 2:06:16 PM

SilvaCala said:
thank u so much. I already resolved this issue by resetting BIOS to the default settings. Now it's OK. Thanks.

Great! Keep on Truckin'
July 28, 2011 1:05:04 PM

SilvaCala said:

Hi I have the same problem. Could you please tell me how did you reset the bios? Thanks!
July 28, 2011 1:13:21 PM

Hi. I simply opened the chase, and removed the battery. Then i put in a peripheral, a usb mouse or keyboard. i put the battery after nearly half an hour, or maybe more i dont remember, cause i had other things to do. the idea is that u have to let the battery outside for a period of time. then after putting the battery back in, i turned on my computer and bios was resetted (it resets with ots drfault configurations). Good luck.
!