doddsie

Distinguished
May 15, 2009
Just upgraded my graphics card to Palit GeForce GTX 260 Sonic 896MB and suffered a massive shock when i found my 500w PSU is too old and too crap to run it, and was wondering if anyone can advice me on which of there to go for. or if you know a better one for about the same price, that what be fine, any help is great, and the PSUs ive found are the three below.

Best Value 750W Black PSU - 35 quid

Corsair Memory 550W VX PSU - 56 quid

OCZ ModXStream Pro 600w - 58 quid

thanks again

doddsie

Distinguished
May 15, 2009
forgot to include other stuff i have.

asus m4n78 se motherboard
amd phenom 9650 2.3 quad core
graphics card mentioned.
2gb nothing special memory which i intend to upgrade to corsair at Xmas

i did try overclocking this, but i think the problems im having with power could be why i had problems overclocking this, so when i get a new psu i will probably try again overclocking.

would the crosair still be the best one to go for, 550 is enough power, considering what i have and that i cant sli this setup with this motherboard anyway.

thanks again

Definately the Corsair is the best of the that bunch. I installed that same PSU in an i7 build with a 4870 GPU and no issues at all. The sleeving is nice and the overall build of the PSU looks good too. The PSU will handle any single GPU out on the market, so don't worry about it :)

doddsie

Distinguished
May 15, 2009
Great thanks for the advice, i went crazy and got the PSU and some new memory.

so here is my new PC :D

ASUS m4n78 se Motherboard
AMD Phenom 9650 2.3 quad core OC 2.7
Titan TTC-NK85TZ Fenrir CPU Cooler
Palit GeForce GTX 260 Sonic 896MB GDDR3 PCI-Express Graphics Card
Corsair VX 550W ATX Power Supply
Samsung SP250 sata drive (still need to upgrade this)
Corsair Dominator 4GB (2x2GB) DDR2 XMS2 PC2-8500C5 TwinX Supplied with Airflow Fan

The memory is a little over the top, but it'll work out fine. Looks like you have a pretty good setup there anyway, so you should be good for quite a bit.

What resolution are you gaming under??

doddsie

Distinguished
May 15, 2009
1680x1050. im i bit restricted, cos my GF wont let me have a big monitor in the living room. :D
and yeah i know the memmory is silly but it was my bday and i got more than i expected :D

just checked delivery dates though, and its gonna be 4 days: (