skg
2 answers Last reply
More about dish directtv existing tivos

    On 2005-05-25, windriverfamily <windriverfamilyX@yahoo.com> wrote:
    > Folks,
    > I'm an avid Tivo fan in Oregon, and have a Sony Series 1 and the Toshiba
    > series 2. We are looking to move to Satellite from cable. Any advice on
    > whether we should go Dish or DirectTV? I'm not interested in dropping the
    > Tivo user interface from my home life, such as it is.

    I suggest selling your TiVos on ebay and getting a DirecTiVo with the
    proceeds. Dual inputs, no unnecessary digital->analog->digital
    conversions, etc. Very nice setup.

    --
    This is my .sig

    On Wed, 25 May 2005 16:27:46 -0700, windriverfamily wrote:

    > Folks,
    > I'm an avid Tivo fan in Oregon, and have a Sony Series 1 and the Toshiba
    > series 2. We are looking to move to Satellite from cable. Any advice on
    > whether we should go Dish or DirectTV? I'm not interested in dropping the
    > Tivo user interface from my home life, such as it is.
    >
    > thanks in advance,
    > skg

    Take advice from a 2, Series-1 tivo owner... go with one or two
    DirectTivos from DTV. That will give you 2 or 4 tuners and will
    only cost you $5 per month ( total ) for both your new tivos
    to get the tivo service. Tivo is the best thing since sliced
    bread... dual tuners makes it 10 times better.

    I have 2 tivos on my account. It's something like $35 for the
    service and $5 for my 2nd tivo unit and $5 for tivo service or
    $45 per month and I can record 4 shows at once.

    --
    D.A.M. - Mothers Against Dyslexia

    see http://www.jacksnodgrass.com for my contact info.

    jack - Grapevine/Richardson