Dell inspirion 620 drivers compatible with win xp pro

Bucsssy

Honorable
Feb 20, 2012
I just downgraded my pc from win 7 home edition to win xp pro, tghe reason being that I use auto cad for my small business, and it is not compatible with win 7, and now I need drivers for pci devices, display adapters, network adapters and audio/video drivers.

Dell_Ankit_K

Honorable
Jun 7, 2012
Hello Bucsssy,

My name is Ankit and I work for the Social Media and Community Team at Dell.

I understand that you have downgraded the operating system for your system from windows 7 to windows xp pro.
I have checked all the details but the hardware of the system is designed for window7 only.
As you specified that you want to use few applications for your business which work only on windows XP, then I would like to inform you that windows7 has a facility that we can access applications in windows XP mode.
Windows XP can be accessed in windows7 but the win7 should be either ultimate edition or enterprise version or professional version.
This mode cannot be accessed in win7 home premuim.

For any further queries, feel free to reply back on the post.

Thanks
Dell-Ankit

Worxwell

Honorable
Jul 30, 2012

Hello everyone, my name is Robert.
I esentially have the same problem as Bucsssy...I just purchased a Dell Inspiron 620 with I3 and win7 H.E.P. and spent my whole weekend installing the virtual PC and installing my licensed copy of XP Pro in it (XP Home WILL NOT ALLOW YOU TO share disks, copy/paste, etc between XP and win7...as i found out to my deep frustration)....however, unless you are doing something simple like editing text or running a simple spreadsheet or database, etc, you will be VERY DISSAPOINTED with the so called "xp mode", which is essentially what I have accomplished without upgrading to win7 pro.
My copy of Autocad 2k did work, but not properly (forget trying to change your background colors for example), and there were some artifacts in the graphics...and the performance was rather sluggish (workable perhaps, but a slight noticable lag in responsiveness, etc, to your inputs to be sure). Part of the reason for this is that its graphics, etc are interpreted...and forget running anything like 3D games, or 3d software like 3d studio, Rhino, etc that require direct access to the video card....
I am just glad i saved the $100 and happened to have some old copys of XP laying around to try this out before blowing that hard earned cash on something that would have been a huge letdown (perhaps a scam from MS...almost seems that way since they dont go out of their way to explain the limitations anywhere...or perhaps they do and it is simply BURRIED in all the enormous amount of disorginized info on the subject out there).
In any event, I have over $10k worth of software in the balance on this (and i havent EVEN got around to testing my $3000+ worth of printers with this thing yet)...I NEED a solution to this...I guess I could always send this Damn thing back...its only been a week after all!!!

Thanks