Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Intel will not detect its own motherboard

Last response: in Motherboards
March 2, 2010 11:34:23 PM

One of my motherboards is an Intel D915GAG (it is written on the MB). I went online to Intel to update the bios. After downloading the bios update I tried to install it and it said there was not an intel board installed.

I went online again and used the intel online motherboard identifier and it said there wasn't an intel motherboard.

I tried to email support but they said there was not any support for this mb.

What the heck is going on?

Best solution

March 3, 2010 12:30:58 AM

End of Interactive Support Disclaimer
These products are no longer being manufactured by Intel. Additionally, Intel no longer provides interactive support for these products via telephone or e-mail, nor will Intel provide any future software updates to support new operating systems or improve compatibility with third party devices and software products.

THESE DOCUMENTS ARE PROVIDED FOR HISTORICAL REFERENCE PURPOSES ONLY AND ARE SUBJECT TO THE TERMS SET FORTH IN THE "Terms of use". For information on currently available Intel products, please see www.intel.com/products.

so yea that sucks...
Related resources
March 3, 2010 2:41:23 AM

Yep, been there and done that. The motherboard identifier says no intel motherboard.

But what gets me is the updated bios should recognize the correct mb and bios.
March 3, 2010 2:44:16 AM

you dont understand There is no updates for that mobo! nothing you download will support that mobo! they dicontinued that mobo! intel wipes thier hands of it! that is why that sucks! you are stuck with what came with the board.. sorry bro i know it sucks but that is all you got...
March 3, 2010 3:00:35 AM

Yes there is. You can go to intels website and look it up. I have downloaded the latest bios from intel, but it will not install.

I am beginning to think that an oem changed the bios info.

March 13, 2010 2:31:58 AM

Best answer selected by jake60.
!