An AM3 Phenom x3 720 BE would be a better suited for her build. If she wants Core i5, here are my suggestions...
1) Get the Antec 300 Illusion case. She isn't a hard core gamer and the Antec is a great case for the price.
2) I second the PSU mentioned by Build.
3) SATA DVD... As mentioned by Build.
4) No OCing... No aftermarket HSF is needed. Stock will serve you well.
5) Samsung F3 500GB hard drive... It is the fastest non-SSD out. It is faster then the WD Blacks.
Good call on the one good card set up. Here's a build worth taking a look at. I changed the HD for the fact this 640 in this build is faster than that 750 you have due to platter density, etc. Also with the one good card set up there's no need to get a 750 psu. The 550w in this build is more than plenty not to mention it's modular which makes for a nice clean build and it matches that CM Storm Scout perfectly with the red LED. I changed the mobo on here also for the fact again...no reason to spend more money on a mobo that isn't needed. The one thing I would think about is going with Windows 7 64bit so you can utilize all your RAM seeing how a 32bit o/s only reads 3 gigs of memory. That o/s will combo with just about anything in this build. In regards to the monitor I added this one for the fact it has a much quicker response time (2ms) than the slower 5ms you chose. If you going to do any gaming it's always good to have a monitor that has a quick response time. This build also includes a 4890 instead of the 4870 you chose.