Antec Performance Plus - 4x new fans needed - advice pls

BobToms

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2009
Hi,

Bought in 2003, this is an Antec case which is very similar in design (inside & out) to the Antec Performance Plus 1080 only that it doesn't have the top front door which hide the drive bays and it doesn't have the side outlet for a fan(?)

I need to upgrade the existing Antec fans (rear installed only) and add two front fans to more efficient and quiet fans. At the moment because I do not have 4x fans, I cannot run 2x ATi Crossfire enabled cards as not enough heat can escape and so I can only run one VGA card.

Any help is appreciated,
Thanks, Bob.

BobToms

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2009
Thanks Johnny, the site looks very good.
I will probably struggle a little fitting the fans once I have bought them as I've never done it before, in particular connections to the m/board. Any guidance/articles as to install/connect new fans?

Thank you, Bob.

Nothing to it. Four small screws are used to fasten a fan to a case. All you need is a small screwdriver. Motherboard connectors are very easy too. If you can plug a table lamp into a wall outlet (main), then you can plug in a fan into a motherboard. A small pair of tweezers might come in handy for motherboard connectors located in confined spaces where big fingers might not fit.