HELP PLEASE, HELP

petspaps

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2009
My His Radeon 512mb 3650 AGP graphics wont work on my windows 7. I've installed drivers. But when i restart i it keeps shutting down and i have to do a system restore. Some 1 help.

petspaps

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2009
No, it was a clean install. My previous card was a nforce mcp. Because that didnt work i had to get this one. Im really outa ideas and nothing i do is working.

petspaps

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2009
I'm loving that people are contributing. More Info. Phoenix Award Bios, AMD Anthlon xp 2500+, 1 gig ram. Previous card a Nforce 2 MPC that was fine until window 7 regected it.

You need to conribute more yourself.

So, your original graphics card worked fine until you installed Windows 7?

So then you got a new 3650, installed it, and it doesn't work?

Give us the correct sequence. And give us full system specs including make/model if prebuilt. In either case, what size psu do you have? And how old is the system?

petspaps

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2009
ok. Mine is a Nvidia System, AWRDACPI MOBO, Phoenix Award Bios. It it has an inbuilt Nforce 2 MCP. 1 gig of ram. AMD Athlon XP 2500+ CPU.

Once i installed windows 7, it didn't recognize the inbuilt NForce. After investigating o found that there were no drivers to be found.

So instead i got a His Radeon 512mb 3650 AGP graphics card. Every time i try to install a driver for it, and then restart my computer, Windows fails to load. The computer reboots and i have to use system restore to load windows again.

petspaps

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2009
When it does a sytem check, it says the drivers are bad. But im using the same thing everyone else is using so......

petspaps

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2009
but see im not sure which drvers to install, as they are for xp. and ive already tried those drivers.
my mobo is msi k777

jennyh

Splendid
Go into your control panel/device manager and see if you have any yellow exclamation marks for problem devices. I'm thinking you probably have a bunch of them because your nforce drivers aren't installed.

I've never heard of an msi k777, is that really the motherboard model?