Motherboard skyrockets to over 100+ celsius help

I have a m2n-sli deluxe mobo. Recently I've had problems with my PC randomly just restarting so I figure I have some sort of over heating issue. I installed a program called speedfan to monitor my temps. All my temps seemed fine hanging around 30 or so then to test them on load i pull up a game (heroes of newerth) and my mobo temp skyrockets to over 100 degrees while the other temps never exceed 45 or 50. I don't understand how all my other temps are just fine including the cpu. I have decent cooling one fan in front of my case (COOLER MASTER Centurion 5) blowing in and one in the back blowing out plus my power supply fan(Rosewill RP550-2 550W). Has anyone ever heart of this board having the temp so high? What can I do to lower it?

Specs:
CPU - AMD Athlon 64 X2 6400+ Windsor 3.2GHz
CPU Cooler - Rosewill RCX-Z940-SL 92mm 2 Ball CPU Cooler
MOBO - ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe AM2 NVIDIA nForce 570
Case - COOLER MASTER Centurion 5
PS - Rosewill RP550-2 550W

Just FYI I've had this PC for over 2 years and I have never had a problem with it.
4 answers Last reply
More about motherboard skyrockets celsius help
  1. Take it apart and blow all the dust out of it. Clean out the fans and make sure you're getting good circulation.
  2. I solved the problem. Well to be more specific there wasn't a problem at all. Researched this for awhile and it turns out it's just speedfan giving me a wrong reading. And as for the restarts I was using the beta windows 7 and the evaluation thing ended on march 1st so I just went out and bought it and no more restarts.
  3. You can always go to your BIOS and check your hardware monitor. That might give you a more accurate reading.
  4. Reading temps from BIOS doesn't give a very good idea of what the actual operating temps will be.

If you're not sure your temps are being reported correctly by one program, such as SpeedFan, check a second program. Other good software includes RealTemp, CoreTemp, or HWMonitor - though I prefer the first two.
Ask a new question

Read More

Asus Motherboards