$1300-1400 Gaming PC

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: September 2009 (within the next few weeks - preferably ASAP)

BUDGET RANGE: $1300-1400 US (located in Canada, so in the $1500-1600 CAD range) [TOTAL]

SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Mainly gaming ---> Media ---> Surfing the net

PARTS NOT REQUIRED: (Keyboard, mouse, speakers)

newegg.ca, tigerdirect.ca, and am open to other trusted sites!

PARTS PREFERENCES: None, open to suggestions!

OVERCLOCKING: Yes. I have no experience with overclocking but I've read good things about it.

SLI OR CROSSFIRE: Maybe. I know WoW doesn't really utilize SLI, but it wouldn't hurt to have it for future upgrades.

1920 x 1080

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: I will primarily be using this computer for WoW, and while I know this does not require the best build, I want to play on max settings. I also plan to take interest in other games like Crysis.

- 1TB HD
- 4GB RAM (minimum)
- quad core (3 GHz+)
- would prefer a nice casing with lighting, but not willing to spend much

ASUS VH226H Black 21.5" 2ms(GTG) HDMI Widescreen 16:9 Full HD 1080P LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 1000:1 (ASCR 12000 : 1) Built in Speakers - Retail

Sony Optiarc Black 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 12X DVD+R DL 24X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA DVD/CD Rewritable Drive - OEM

I have no experience whatsoever in building a PC, so I'd highly appreciate it if someone could direct me in the right path. And feel free to criticize because that's the reason I'm here!

I see that the majority of the threads here already have a good start as far as parts go, but I'm afraid to list anything other than the monitor because I'm not sure what's compatible with what. Anyways, I listed as much as I know, and it'd be great if someone could help or possibly even post a template with parts around the price range.

Thank you very much in advance and I apologize for being stupid.
3 answers Last reply
More about 1300 1400 gaming
  1. That corsair PSU is a great price.

Looks like 1156 socket motherboards went up in price this week.

That case is expensive and looks like an oversized lunchbox. Try an antec 300 illusion

Graphics card is your choice. The cheapest 5800 series will be $300ish.
    Get an HD4870, GTX 260, HD4890, GTX275 now or do like recommended above and buy a throwaway card for a month.
  2. You can get a costume built machine for that price with everything you want and no hassle to build it yourself I've built 3 machines before.
    I bought one last year and it's great knowing it works right out of the box and tech support was really great when I missed up loading a new drivers.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems