Sign in with
Your question

$1300-1400 Gaming PC

Last response: in Systems
September 13, 2009 10:09:18 PM

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: September 2009 (within the next few weeks - preferably ASAP)

BUDGET RANGE: $1300-1400 US (located in Canada, so in the $1500-1600 CAD range) [TOTAL]

SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Mainly gaming ---> Media ---> Surfing the net

PARTS NOT REQUIRED: (Keyboard, mouse, speakers)

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS:
newegg.ca, tigerdirect.ca, and am open to other trusted sites!

PARTS PREFERENCES: None, open to suggestions!

OVERCLOCKING: Yes. I have no experience with overclocking but I've read good things about it.

SLI OR CROSSFIRE: Maybe. I know WoW doesn't really utilize SLI, but it wouldn't hurt to have it for future upgrades.

MONITOR RESOLUTION:
1920 x 1080

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: I will primarily be using this computer for WoW, and while I know this does not require the best build, I want to play on max settings. I also plan to take interest in other games like Crysis.

- 1TB HD
- 4GB RAM (minimum)
- quad core (3 GHz+)
- would prefer a nice casing with lighting, but not willing to spend much

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ASUS VH226H Black 21.5" 2ms(GTG) HDMI Widescreen 16:9 Full HD 1080P LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 1000:1 (ASCR 12000 : 1) Built in Speakers - Retail

Sony Optiarc Black 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 12X DVD+R DL 24X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA DVD/CD Rewritable Drive - OEM

I have no experience whatsoever in building a PC, so I'd highly appreciate it if someone could direct me in the right path. And feel free to criticize because that's the reason I'm here!

I see that the majority of the threads here already have a good start as far as parts go, but I'm afraid to list anything other than the monitor because I'm not sure what's compatible with what. Anyways, I listed as much as I know, and it'd be great if someone could help or possibly even post a template with parts around the price range.

Thank you very much in advance and I apologize for being stupid.

More about : 1300 1400 gaming

September 14, 2009 1:30:56 AM
September 14, 2009 4:13:46 AM

That corsair PSU is a great price.

Looks like 1156 socket motherboards went up in price this week.

That case is expensive and looks like an oversized lunchbox. Try an antec 300 illusion
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1681...

Graphics card is your choice. The cheapest 5800 series will be $300ish.
Get an HD4870, GTX 260, HD4890, GTX275 now or do like recommended above and buy a throwaway card for a month.
November 26, 2009 1:01:49 PM

You can get a costume built machine for that price with everything you want and no hassle to build it yourself I've built 3 machines before.
form
http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/AMD_Athlon_X2_Config...
I bought one last year and it's great knowing it works right out of the box and tech support was really great when I missed up loading a new drivers.
!