rocketchatb

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2009
Well, I finally put together all the components in my Custom PC.
When I turned it on the first time it powered on sucessfully and was able to install all the drivers, and software to get my new rig working.

But then I noticed the front blue LEDs aren't powered on.

The system works 100% and fine and so does the cooling fans on the case but whats wrong with the blue LEDs on the front?

Do I need to turn on a switch or connect a cable or something?

crazy359

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2009
To tell you the truth i dont really know all though i have a Raidmax Smilodon in my house lol, it AWSOME case u have to agree wit me

just check if there is any loose wires around the front panel areas as well the hd cage area

rocketchatb

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2009
According to the manual there's a LED "tooth" connector which is 4 pins but I can't find them.

Probably because of my bad cable management :(

But I'm going to look for that wire or any unconnected 4 pins.

staggadee

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2009
I built a system in a Raidmax Aztec a while ago, in that case the LEDs were tied directly into the case fans
you may have faulty LEDs, have you checked to see if theres any power across the terminals?

staggadee

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2009
They arent that high class, they are budget gaming cases, which offer good performance at lower price points than big brands but are often made of cheap plastics and steel rather than aluminium

Idubbz

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2010
I'm having the same problem - the connector looks like it is set up right, but I'm not sure if it's an issue with coming off a fan or what. Initially when I was testing the power and mobo, I had the lights, but once I got everything else in I had issues. All I get is the red led for the HDD...no blue LED "teeth."

L3Wy

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2010
Well, I have Raidmax Scorpio. As the time passed, and I opened the front door of the case more and more times, the cable became broken, so I had to change it. So, your problem could be because of broken cables, too..