Hey guys.

My spec:

Cooler Master Centurion 590 MidTower Chasis
Gigabyte UD3P EP45 Mobo
Intel Quad 2 Core 9550
4GB DDR2 1066 Mhz Kingston HyperX
MSI GTX 570
Seasonic X 850W 80+GOLD Full Modular PSU

I was thinking to upgrade i5 2500k from my Q9550 and made some basic search about and all i see was `Q9550 is still a good cpu, o/c it and wait for ivy bridge or even haswell.`

I decided to continue with my current Mobo/Chasis/Cpu for now with O/C.

So, I need pro cooling system to push Q9550 over 4GHZ that fits my Cooler Master Centurion 590 Chasis.

Here's the details about my chasis:

http://www.coolermaster-usa.com/product.php?product_id=2709

Here's the some options and findings for me:

THERMALTAKE Frio OCK CL-P0575
NOCTUA NH-D14
CORSAIR H60 Hydro
CORSAIR H80 Hydro
Akasa Venom Voodoo 2x12cm PWM

So your suggestions for my chasis?
9 answers Last reply
More about centurion chasis cooling issue
  1. If the chasis is not avaliable for CPU cooler i would give up SSD upgrade and buy;

Silverstone Raven RV03 Big Tower
  2. I have a Cooler Master Centurion 590 case with a Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus with dual fans and it keeps my q9650 under 55°C at stock though and I idle around 28-30°C (ambient temp 25-35°C) I also have two CM R4 120mm fans on top, and one on the side in addition to what comes with the case but I would recommend going with 140mm fans but with the average big block air cooler only one 25mm wide side fan would fit. Also the THERMALTAKE Frio OCK CL-P0575 & NOCTUA NH-D14 are good but are on the pricey side of things I prefer the Noctua though as it might be worth its price tag especially if you like its colour somehow also the new Hyper 212 EVO seems to reduce temp by a few more degrees it should be a consideration also this page could be a good guide even though the test were done with a i7 860 http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Corsair-H100-CPU-Cooler-Review/1427/6
  3. Cool! I have the same board, better cable management could help save 1 or 2 degrees probably. Is the fan on top intake or outflow and how effective is the dust filter?
  4. Then i'm gonna order Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus!

Im waiting my Seasonic Psu shipment, when it arrives the cable management will be great with it.

And I can say dust filter is effective. :p
  5. Btw on which ghz o/c'ed your cpu with hyper 212 plus??

cuz i can buy THERMALTAKE Frio OCK CL-P0575 or NOCTUA NH-D14 if they fits to these mobo and case. i saved money with giving up i5 2500k and new mobo. :p
  6. Looking at your pics i doubt a Frio or D-14 are good choices.
    Your case is chopped/short at the top = spacing between cpu socket and top panel.
    W) 8.27 x (H) 17.32 x (D) 20.08
    I think you'd find the spacing kinda tight.
    The 212+ would be fine = Evo better
    I own a couple of CM cases.
    CM 690II- 8.4 x 20.1 x 20.8 inches = plenty of room top end
    CM 430 - 7.5 x 16.7 x 19.3 inch = it's tight top end
  7. I am also awaiting a Seasonic power supply a x750 which brand is the dust filter
  8. yep. just ordered 212 for my cpu and some noctua fans for my chasis.
Ask a new question

Read More

Heatsinks Cooler Master Centurion Overclocking