Sign in with
Your question

Low Windows Experience Index score on SSD?

Last response: in Storage
July 12, 2011 1:00:25 PM

Hello all

I have a OCz Vertex 2 50g for booting windows and a few other programs. I believe at first I remember seeing this scoring roughly a 7.7 on WEI score, however as of late when I redid this I have been around a ~5.8-6. The only thing I really remember changing around was I added Another 1TB WD hard drive for storage. So I run 3 Hard drives currently: OCz Vertex 2 main boot hard drive, 1 300g WD Velociraptor for Games/programs, 1 TB WD for storage. My motherboard is the Asus Rampage III extreme, and all are connected via Sata 3.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)  Thanks!
Jonathan
a b G Storage
July 12, 2011 1:20:46 PM

7.7 seems correct. I got vertex 2 120G and have 7.7. Can you unplug the other 2 HDD and run it? Even if the WEI is low, I doubt it is a ture indication of disk performance. You better benchmark it with HDtune.
m
l
July 12, 2011 1:27:23 PM

Ill try that tonight. I was thinking that it might have something to do with having too many HDs running off the Sata and causing some kind of bottleneck with transfer rates.
m
l
Related resources
a b G Storage
July 12, 2011 1:33:29 PM

I also have the same amount of hard disk attach and still got 7.7. 1x500GB, 1x2TB and the vertex 2. But since we are on different mobo, its hard to say.
m
l
a b G Storage
July 12, 2011 2:04:36 PM

Don't worry about it, WEI is bad for benchmarking to begin with. Get HDtune or crystaldiskmark to benchmark your ssd.
m
l
!