Low Windows Experience Index score on SSD?

Hello all

I have a OCz Vertex 2 50g for booting windows and a few other programs. I believe at first I remember seeing this scoring roughly a 7.7 on WEI score, however as of late when I redid this I have been around a ~5.8-6. The only thing I really remember changing around was I added Another 1TB WD hard drive for storage. So I run 3 Hard drives currently: OCz Vertex 2 main boot hard drive, 1 300g WD Velociraptor for Games/programs, 1 TB WD for storage. My motherboard is the Asus Rampage III extreme, and all are connected via Sata 3.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:) Thanks!
Jonathan
5 answers Last reply
More about windows experience index score
  1. 7.7 seems correct. I got vertex 2 120G and have 7.7. Can you unplug the other 2 HDD and run it? Even if the WEI is low, I doubt it is a ture indication of disk performance. You better benchmark it with HDtune.
  2. Ill try that tonight. I was thinking that it might have something to do with having too many HDs running off the Sata and causing some kind of bottleneck with transfer rates.
  3. I also have the same amount of hard disk attach and still got 7.7. 1x500GB, 1x2TB and the vertex 2. But since we are on different mobo, its hard to say.
  4. Hmm interesting.. This is a discussion about IDE vs ACHI http://forum.crucial.com/t5/Solid-State-Drives-SSD/Is-IDE-or-AHCI-mode-better-for-single-SSDs/td-p/9352

Someone posted that IDE gave him a better WEI score however ACHI mode gave him a better benchmark. Issue with windows 7?
  5. Don't worry about it, WEI is bad for benchmarking to begin with. Get HDtune or crystaldiskmark to benchmark your ssd.
Ask a new question

Read More

SSD Hard Drives Storage