What do you think?

What do you think?

• nVidia keeps the first place

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • ATI win the first place

Votes: 7 70.0%

• Total voters
Hi people, me again. With the new ATI HD 5850 and HD 5870, nVidia could be left the first place in the GPU business and located in second place.

What do you think that will happen with the launch of the GTX3xx series of nVidia?, cotinue nVidia reigning in the market of GPU, or ATI could be the new king of this business.

uncfan_2563

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2009
Can you define what you mean by first place? To me, last generation was better for ATI because of the bang for ur buck but nvidia's cards were faster...

JeanLuc

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2002
I would have had ATI in first for the last series, there cards were by far the best value for money graphics cards on the market for a long time. The HD4870 whilst not as fast as the GTX280/285 did offer more then enough performance for 90% of users at a fraction of the cost of the Geforce cards.

If Nvidia are able to double the performance of the GTX280 with the GTX380 then yes Nvidia will have first place when it comes to performance however don't get to excited. If you remember the GTX280 it was priced at a staggering $650, that's huge price to pay even for a premium video card and given nVidia's recent business practices I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled a similar stunt.

I think I'm about ready to quit buying Geforce cards for good anyway, when I read the news about dropping support for GPU PhysX if you have ATI running was the final nail in the coffin for me. I was miffed with Nvidia's pricing for it's last batch of cards I thought they were a complete rip off for what they offered, next came the news about cutting out reviewers for launch of the GTS250, then games with TWIMTBP like the new Batman game which don't support AA for ATI cards and then the news about PhysX.