Corsair Force Series 3 240gb reliable?

delfin

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2011
Hey guys!

I just wanted to find out more on the reliability/stability of the Corsair Force 3 240gb SSD's. I know there was a fairly recent recall on the 120gb model. Is the instability issue only apply to the 120gb or are all the Force 3's in general pretty unreliable?

I just want to make sure that spending all this money is worth it if I'm going to shell out all that cash.

I'm using my computer for fairly complicated music recording/writing.

thanks in advance!!

bill fox

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2011
This series is not using the latest Sand Force controller, it uses Marvell's controller which is not as reliable. Check out OCZ Solid 3 series, very reasonably priced and is using the latest SF-2281 controller. $95 after rebate for the 60GB model, nice!

delfin

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2011

Thanks! I appreciate the link... I did notice that only one of the reviews mentioned the recall, citing it as not being that big of a deal and that the problem was resolved fairly quickly. However, I still see complaints about it on forums. I was just wondering, do you know if the 240gb models have the same problem? I would hate to have it die on me or start hanging 2 weeks in.

bill fox - Unless I misunderstood I think you might have the Corsair Force 3 and the Corsair Performance 3 mixed up. The Force 3 uses the SandForce SF-2281 Controller. The Performance 3 uses the Marvell 88SS9174-BKK2 controller. It is a new Marvell controller.

delfin - The problem and factory recall was only for the 120GB model. Corsair moved as quickly as possible once the problem surfaced.The 240GB version did not have the problem so there was no factory recall for it.