jrob2012

Honorable
Feb 20, 2012
Not very smart with computers at all. Whenever I log on to Yahoo Mail, I will attempt to close the page when I've checked my mail. It goes down and pops right back up. At least 5 or 6 attempts to close YahooMail, are useless. It just keep popping back up. I have to manually shut down the computer. No other way, it seems.
I have also noticed I cannot update the computer any more. It was set to manual update. When I click on defrag it just sits there and nothing at all happens.
I have Windows XP home with service pack 3.
Pages are all very slow to load now. Used to be very fast.
My computer stays on 24 a day running a security camera program. It's been fine for 5 years.
Someone please help me? Thanks in advance!

When was the last time you checked your hard drive for free space, or done a disk cleanup ? Defrag requires a certain amt of free space.
When was the last time you ran your Antivirus to check for infections ?
Instead of powering down, you can bring up task manager (ctrl/alt/del), and in the Applications Tab, hilight Yahoo, and click "End task" - But you should really not have to do this.

I suggest if you have your Windows XP CD, to run sfc /scannow from a command prompt, insert CD when prompted, and let windows repair what it has to, if it has to.