Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Storm Scout i5 2500k overclocking question

Last response: in Overclocking
December 3, 2011 7:31:24 PM

Hey guys, I'm currently in the process of finishing up the selection process for my build and had a quick question. Would it be feasible to overclock an i5 2500k processor in a storm scout using a Cooler Master hyper 212 heat sink in a Cooler Master Storm Scout case with no additional fans (just the stock fans)? If anyone here can let me know that would be brilliant. cheers
December 3, 2011 8:10:02 PM

depends on the kind of overclocks you want and the what you intend to do after overclocking..

CM Hyper 212 would be decent for moderate overclocks.. but if you want absolutely sky high speeds, you ll need a bigger cooler..
Score
December 3, 2011 9:02:04 PM

strongdc said:
depends on the kind of overclocks you want and the what you intend to do after overclocking..

CM Hyper 212 would be decent for moderate overclocks.. but if you want absolutely sky high speeds, you ll need a bigger cooler..

Say I wanted to sli two gtx 560 tis. Would the stock speed of the i5 2500 be enough for this?
Score
Related resources

Best solution

a b K Overclocking
December 4, 2011 2:41:30 AM

The CPU speed is independent of the GPUs you have. You don't need an overclock for sli or Xfire.
December 4, 2011 11:34:08 AM

chesteracorgi said:
The CPU speed is independent of the GPUs you have. You don't need an overclock for sli or Xfire.

Thank alot man. So, in all honesty would overclocking a processor to 4ghz from 3.3 even be a noticeable difference? I'm hardly an enthusiast, I am looking for pure functionality.

One last thing. Would this psu be be a decent choice for two gtx 560 tis in sli mode?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Score
December 4, 2011 7:36:41 PM

Best answer selected by gavcol12.
Score
!