BruceMyers48

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2001
I'm trying to move my outlook 2003 contacts to a new pc. Here is the problem, I can only find two contacts in my address book, but when I go to compose a E-mail and click on To: and the first letter of the name I see all the addresses. I have hundreds of them. I have poured through my app data and exported all kinds of CVS, PST WAB files and still have not saved my contacts. If the auto fill when composing an E-mail finds them they have to be some where. Please help.
Thanks

You probably do not have any contacts. What you are seeing is the saved old emails you have sent. Did you actually save things to contacts? That drop-down name list is just a cache of emails you sent to before, those are not saved contacts though, it acts the same way as the drop-down in a web browser where you can select your recent sites.

Another option is that you are using an older address book and not the Contacts in Outlook.

chanmkr

Honorable
Feb 22, 2012

contacts are in pst file in outlook 2003
auto fill is stored for documents settings\username\application data\microsoft\outlook\username.nk2(outlook.nk2)
search for *.nk2 in old location

BruceMyers48

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2001
Thanks, I believe they are cached in a mru file.I can't get to them except with autofill. I looked for nk2 and not there. The only choice is to start a fake email and autofill names and same one at a time to contact list.