Allendale E4300 to Wolfdale e7500..Issues?

Estrang

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2007
Hello Folks, I recently purchased an e7500 and the highly recommended 1283 aircooler. I uninstalled my water cooling equipment and old CPU and put in this new CPU and aircooler. My bios settings were set to my allendales overclock settings which was 1.30 volts for cpu, and had unlocked multiplier set to x6 etc... When I tried to fire everything up my mobo light and fans would come on and shut off under 3 seconds. I not once was able to get to bios...It seems to infiinitely loop on a 3 second shut off. Is there a way to manually reset bios to default on the mobo itself(asus p5b deluxe...not wifi one)? Would this possibly fix my issue?

I've had a similar problem before. Dig around in your Mobo booklet. There should be an explanation on how to reset your BIOS, usually by moving a jumper. It should run something like this:

1) Remove the BIOS battery.
2) Shift jumper from position 1 (normal) to position 2 (reset) and keep it there for 5-10seconds.
3) Move jumper back, replace battery, and the system should boot normally with default settings.

jonpaul37

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
happened to me, what i did was leave my OC settings for an E4500, then installed an E8400. What i did to resolve the issue was put the 4500 back in, booted up, applied default settings, updated BIOS to latest, then tossed in the E8400 and it worked no sweat. I have done this on both ASUS & Gigabyte boards...