Under voltageing a cpu?

dayto11

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2011
Hello, I was wondering what some Side effects of under voltageing a cpu are. My comps been acting weird recently and that's the only thing i can think off ty

700watt psu and phenom 2 x6 1090t (black) current 3.724 at 1.464 volts that under voltaging?

chesteracorgi

Distinguished
It will likely (and I say LIKELY, not assuredly) not do any harm, but is also not likely to help much. Acting weird is so unspecific that it tells the members here nothing about your problem. Side effects of under voltaging a CPU are most likely that the system will not work (if undervolted enough), or will run slower.

dayto11

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2011
I dont know How to describe it has just been acting weird in general. like 1 time my screen just started randomly flashing and it kinda scared me(i thought it was gpu but all seemed fine.) Then i randomly have horrible lag spikes when running application which led me to beliefs that maybe my oc was under voltageing my cpu as in my voltage wasn't turned up enough. my current specs are as following:

Asus Crosshair IV formula
Phenom 2 x6 1090t (black)
Gtx 460 (pallit)
12gb Corsair vengeance 1600mhz
1tb hardrive ( dont know name)
700 watt psu

(i am starting to think it may be my hd but idn )

dayto11

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2011

Temps with prime 95 sit at around 65C and my psu is xtreme gear 700watt ( i know its not a great psu.... but i bought this pc pre built and have upgraded since.)