Hidegski

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2011
I'll start by saying I'm a jackass. I got a new cpu/mobo/mem combo and due to a dumb oversite, I tried a lot of things in Bios to get Win7 to install on my new HD. Once I finally figured out what I did wrong I loaded Win7 and ALL my programs. After attempting some simple OC moves I realized in the Bios that one thing I must have tried and forgot to default back was I left my system in Raid mode.

I tried to change it, but everytime I run OS after I get a ridiculously fast blue screen of death and it starts all over. Won't boot. If I switch back to Raid mode, no problem. Now OS only runs in Raid.

Is there a consern here? I'm only running one HD currently and everything seems to be running fine, but not sure if it will create issues later. I don't know enough about Raid to tell.

Should I re-install now, or just wait till I get my SSD down the road to re-install and not raid? Thanks!

Solution
Did you switch from RAID to AHCI or RAID to IDE? Even though the controller is in RAID mode, the hard disk isn't. You can leave it as is. I usually setup my systems that way.

Hidegski

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2011
ASUS P8P67 LE

Their AI Bios is wierd to get used to. In addition, since I've been trying to OC and other things, I've found a lot of bad reviews. Not so much that the board is bad, it's just limiting. I wish I would have spent the extra $20-$30 for the PRO version. Live and learn.