Sign in with
Your question

XP Sigmatel Audio Driver issue

Last response: in Windows XP
February 21, 2012 10:12:38 AM

Been trying to find a update for the Sigmatel Audio driver of my Dell Precision 390 tower and it's 0DN075 model motherboard as it is outdated from 2006 and the Dell website itself does not offer an update for this driver..can anyone give me a hand?
a b \ Driver
February 21, 2012 12:17:11 PM

Vx_Odessa_xV said:
Been trying to find a update for the Sigmatel Audio driver of my Dell Precision 390 tower and it's 0DN075 model motherboard as it is outdated from 2006 and the Dell website itself does not offer an update for this driver..can anyone give me a hand?

If you go in device manager, Expand Network Adapters, (or whichever device you need driver for)
Right click properties, go in details for the device driver.
You will see a code like per example VEN_8086&DEV_27D8&SUBSYS...

The VEN code means vendor and the DEV code means device: in this case the vendor is 8086 and the device is 27D8.

Once you have the two codes, go to www.pcidatabase.com.
Enter the two codes and you should get the name of your hardware. From there you can search for a driver download for your hardware
m
l
February 21, 2012 9:18:28 PM

Ven 8384
Dev 7690

Still can't seem to find what it is you're saying to look for. The device search brings up my device I.D. for the 7690, but the information I require for that exact I.D. from the site is just someone promoting another site, and not helpful to solving this.

I looked up Sigmatel themselves, and they had been aquired by another company IDT which does not offer an update for this driver, nor does Dell , who upon talking to a support member I was told that there doesn't seem to be an update for this driver post 2006, as XP is an out of date OS that isn't being supported any longer for updates.

Guess I'm stuck with what I have?
m
l
!